Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex to identify illegal characters in a perso-arabic database Post 303002502 by jim mcnamara on Friday 25th of August 2017 11:44:28 PM
Old 08-26-2017
Try egrep or equivalent (extended regex or pcre), use alternation. I am not going to change locale here so example:
Code:
if [  grep -e  '(a|b|c|d|e|f)' $search_string ] ; then
  echo 'bad character'
fi

Where a b c d e f are each a bad character so presence of any or all is a bad character error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Illegal characters in Servername / Path

Hi there. I wonder if anybody can help me. I am very new to this and a bit out of my depth. I have a .cmd file which sets various environmental variables for me. When I input a server name that does not contains dots (.) in the name it works fine. As soon as I place in a server name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodjuju
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I identify files with characters beyond a certain range.

I have a directory with hundreds of files that can not have data pass column 80. I do not know of way to combine "grep" and "cut" command. I tried: cat * | cut -c 81-120 |pg but it only shows me the line, not the file name. Any help would be appreciated. Been on this all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcsunsun01dev
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arabic characters in QNX4

I want to display Arabic characters in QNX4. This work was been done by a colleague several years ago but he didn't document his work. I installed fonts and I got this display (attached). Please let me know how can correct as per the initial display were working in Arabic (attached). Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbc
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify server.database connection

Good afternoon i need your help, i am new at unix, in a ETL scenario like datastage is , there are a bunch of procesess (script shells) conecting to hetereogenius database source servers in order to extract information. Ive got 2 questions 1. Using unix how can i identify exactly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use Regex to identify / format a complex string

First of all, please have mercy on me. I am not a noob to programming, but I am about as noob as you can get with regex. That being said, I have a problem. I've got a string that looks something like this: Publication - Bob M. Jones, Tony X. Stark, and Fred D. Man, \"Really Awesome Article... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egill
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify a full-stop as a sentence delimiter

Hello, Splitting a sentence using the full-stop/question-mark/exclamation is a common device. Whereas the question-mark / exclamation do not pose too much of a problem; the full-stop as a sentence delimiter raises certain issues because of its varied use: just to name a few. Standard parsers... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify word in second position on a line

I am interested in finding a regex to find a word in second position on a line. The word in question is या I tried the following PERL EXPRESSION but it did not work: ] या or ^\W या But both gave Null results I am giving below a Sample file: देना या सौंपना=delegate तह जमना या... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a clustering concordance for a Perso-Arabic script

I am working on a database of a language using Arabic Script. One of the major issues is that the shape of the characters changes according to their initial, medial or final positioning. Another major issue is that of the clustering of vowels within the word: the clustering changes totally the... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify unique words in a dictionary database

Hello, I have a dictionary which I am building for the Open Source Community. The data structure is as under HEADWORD=PARTOFSPEECH=ENGLISH MEANING as shown in the example below अ=m=Prefix signifying negation. अँहँ=ind=Interjection expressing disapprobation. अं=int=An interjection... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Regex to identify pattern

Hi In a file I have string in multiple lines. Like below: <?=test.getObjectName("L", "testTBL","D") ?> <?=test.getObjectName("L", "testTBL","testDB", "D") ?> I want to use regex to search for the pattern "<?=test.getObjectName...?>" If the parenthesis has 3 parameters then return 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
5 Replies
EXPINT(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 EXPINT(3)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::EXPINT - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
Functions FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_expint_E1 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) E_1(x) := Re[ Integrate[ Exp[-xt]/t, {t,1,Infinity}] ] gsl_sf_expint_E1 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_E2 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) E_2(x) := Re[ Integrate[ Exp[-xt]/t^2, {t,1,Infity}] ] gsl_sf_expint_E2 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_Ei Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ei(x) := PV Integrate[ Exp[-t]/t, {t,-x,Infinity}] gsl_sf_expint_Ei does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Shi Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Shi(x) := Integrate[ Sinh[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_Shi does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Chi Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Chi(x) := Re[ M_EULER + log(x) + Integrate[(Cosh[t]-1)/t, {t,0,x}] ] gsl_sf_Chi does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_3 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ei_3(x) := Integral[ Exp[-t^3], {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_expint_3 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Si Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Si(x) := Integrate[ Sin[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_Si does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Ci Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ci(x) := -Integrate[ Cos[t]/t, {t,x,Infinity}] gsl_sf_Ci does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_atanint Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) AtanInt(x) := Integral[ Arctan[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_atanint does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 EXPINT(3)