Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions UNIX shell scripting programming in files Post 303002446 by mounica bijjala on Thursday 24th of August 2017 10:01:50 AM
Old 08-24-2017
i am from amrita college of engineering,
course unix
professor ashwin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having file1 as follows: ERTYUIOU|1234567689089767688 FDHJHKJH|6817738971783893499 JFKDKLLUI|9080986766433498444 FILE2 ERTYUIOU|1234567689089767688 resh@abc_com 767637218328322332 893589893499 asdsddssd ... (21 Replies)
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell Scripting / Programming

Hi, I am looking for a PDF or an e-book which can show in details how to do Shell Scripting or Programming. Can anybody provide me with a link to such a tutorial? I have downloaded some tutorials but they show only basics and not give any in-depth study material. I am using Red Hat Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

# set date to your spec: this is month/day/yr/hr/min/sec: sysdate=`date '+%m/%d/%Y-%H:%M:%S'` # get the last line before the history file is modified tail -1 /tmp/hosthistory.txt |while read lastdate mydevices do echo $lastdate echo $mydevices done LIST = 'ypcat hosts|| sort... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming and scripting

I was trying out some new series to get it print 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 and the seond one is 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 but was unable to get the result. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjinder
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming and scripting

hi, i am trying this while loop and i only want that it should only read food as pizza....no other entry should be taken here. #!/usr/bin/perl -w $food = " "; while ( $food ne 'pizza' ) { print 'enter what you had last night: '; chomp ($food = <STDIN>); #print $food ; } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix Shell Scripting : Comparision of two files

Hi, We need to compare a text file File1.txt and config file File2.txt in a way that it checks if the content of File1.txt exists between the range mentioned in File2.cfg. The range here is the range between col1 and col2 of File2.cfg If the content of File1.txt lies between the range of... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: CFA
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
nfslog.conf(4)							   File Formats 						    nfslog.conf(4)

NAME
nfslog.conf - NFS server logging configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/nfs/nfslog.conf DESCRIPTION
The nfslog.conf file specifies the location of the NFS server logs, as well as the location of the private work files used by the NFS server and nfslogd(1M) daemon during logging. Each entry in the file consists of a mandatory tag identifier and one or more parameter iden- tifiers. The parameter identifier specifies the value or location of the specific parameter. For instance, the parameter identifier "log=/var/nfs/logs/serverLog" specifies the location of the NFS server activity log. The mandatory tag identifier serves as an index into the /etc/nfs/nfslog.conf file to identify the various parameters to be used. At export time, the share_nfs(1M) command specifies the NFS server logging parameters to use by associating a tag from the /etc/nfs/nfslog.conf file to the exported file system. It is legal for more than one file system to be exported using the same logging tag identifier. NFS server logging is not supported on Solaris machines that are using NFS Version 4. A "global" tag identifier is included in /etc/nfs/nfslog.conf. It specifies the default set of values to be used during logging. If no tag identifier is specified at export time, then the values in the "global" entry are used. The "global" values can be modified by updating this entry in /etc/nfs/nfslog.conf. Each entry in the file must contain a mandatory tag identifier and at least one parameter/value pair. If a parameter is not specified in a given entry, the global value of the parameter will be used. The exact entry syntax follows: <tag> [defaultdir=<path>] [log=<path><file>] [fhtable=<path><file>] [buffer=<path><file>] [logformat=basic|extended] defaultdir=<path> Specifies the directory where the logging files and working files will be placed. This path is prepended to all relative paths speci- fied in other parameters. log=<path><file> Specifies the location of the user-readable log file. The log will be located in the defaultdir, unless <path> is an absolute path. fhtable=<path><file> Specifies the location of the private file handle to path mapping database files. These database files are for the private use of the NFS server kernel module and the nfslogd daemon. These files will be located in the defaultdir, unless <path> is an absolute path. These database files are permanently stored in the file system. Consult nfslogd(1M) for information on pruning the database files. buffer=<path><file> Specifies the location of the private work buffer file used by the NFS server kernel module to record raw RPC information. This file is later processed by the nfslog daemon, which in turn generates the user-readable log file. This work buffer file will be located in the defaultdir, unless <path> is an absolute path. logformat=basic|extended Sets the format of the user-readable log file. If not specified, the basic format is used. The basic format is compatible with log files generated by the Washington University FTPd. The extended format provides a more detailed log, which includes directory modifica- tion operations not included in the basic format, such as mkdir, rmdir and remove. Note that the extended format is not compatible with Washington University's FTPd log format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the global Tag The "global" tag may be modified so that all exported file systems that enabled logging use a common set of parameters that conform to the specific needs of the user. These values are used until a specific tag identifier overrides them. global defaultdir=/var/nfs log=logs/nfslog fhtable=tables/fhtable buffer=buffers/nfslog_workbuffer logformat=basic Example 2: Overriding the Global defaultdir and logformat Because log files can become very large, it may be desirable to store the logs and working files in separate file systems. This can be eas- ily accomplished by simply specifying a different defaultdir for every file system exported by means of a unique tag: engineering defaultdir=/engineering/logging logformat=extended accounting defaultdir=/accounting/logging marketing defaultdir=/marketing/logging File systems shared with the engineering identifier will have their logs and workfiles located in /engineering/logging. For instance, the log file will be located at /engineering/logging/logs/nfslog. Note that the engineering log file will be stored in the extended format, while the rest of the log files will remain in the basic format. Any of the parameters can be updated in a tag identifier, which overrides the global settings. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nfslogd(1M), share_nfs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
Logs, work files, and file handle to path mapping database can become very large. Be aware of appropriate placement within the file system name space. See nfslogd(1M)) for information on pruning the database files and cycling logs. SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 2004 nfslog.conf(4)