Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check if 10 files exist
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Check if 10 files exist Post 303002427 by apmcd47 on Thursday 24th of August 2017 04:28:02 AM
Old 08-24-2017
Not enough information.

How do you receive the files?

What system are you on? Which version of ksh are you using - ksh88 or ksh93? Hint:
Code:
echo $KSH_VERSION

will echo nothing if you are in ksh88.

Is this a homework question?

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the directory exist

I have the below script to check whether directory is exist or not , now I sure the directory /abc NOT exist , but when run the script , it still pop the result is "the directory exist" , could suggest what is wrong ? thx ll -d /abc > /dev/null 2>&1 if then echo "the directory exist !!" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check/wait for files to exist before continuing

I'm attempting to write a pretty simple script. It opens a Filemaker file successfully. That Filemaker file takes around 30-90 seconds to finish. When it's done, it writes a few .xml files into the same directory where my shell script and the Filemaker script reside. In my script, how can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I am trying to create a bash script which will check if file exist then remove that file else do nothing. I have to do same process for three files in same script. I have written code for one file and trying to run it. if then rm -r /user1/abc/File1 fi When I run this code it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palak08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I created following script to check if file exist: #!/bin/bash SrcDir=$1 SrcFileName=$2 SrcTimePeriod=$3 if ;then echo 1 else echo 0 fi I ran it like: /apps/Scripts/FileExist.sh /apps/Inbox file1 2nd_period_2010 Even file exist at that location, my above command is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)