Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding Two Array in shell script Post 303002392 by mukulverma2408 on Wednesday 23rd of August 2017 11:36:23 AM
Old 08-23-2017
Thanks Rudic,

Can you please also explain the logic used in below part :
Code:
od -An -c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding options to a shell script

I want to add options to my shell script but having problems, my code so far is; #!/bin/bash lflag= iflag= while getopts 'l:i:' OPTION do case $OPTION in l) lflag=1 lval="$OPTARG" ;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding ssh commands to a shell script

I have written some scripts that do a few admin tasks on 23 servers I manage. Usually I execute these scripts from one server by running ssh commands remotley, i.e. ssh root@server2 shellscript, ssh root@server2 shellscript & so on.. It works fine but I want to improve this by writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines to file through a shell script

Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole scripting thing. I've gotten a decent hang of it so far but am wondering if there's a way to add lines to a C, C++, Java, HTML, text file with a shell script. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doctor Manhatta
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a job to crontab via shell script

Is it possible to add a job to crontab with a shell script? The existing jobs in the crontab should exist as it was. The new job should be appended. Also, the crontab file is /var/spool/cron/root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab to excel sheet with shell script

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script for Array

Hi all, I have an input file like below (a comma seperated file) 345,12,10 400,11,8 328,1,3 I need to get the output as below ... record 345 sum is 12 record 400 sum is 10 record 328 sum is 1 record 345 count is 10 record 400 count is 8 record 328 count... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding text before columns in shell script

Hello, Can someone please help in below requirement. My requirement is to add date before to first column,some text before 1st,2nd coulmns and insert a new column in between 2 and 3 columns. input file. aa 123 dddd aa 667 kdkdk ddj 738 kkkk aa 123 dddd aa 667 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cva2568
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to the first line of a shell script

the first line of every unix script written in an interpreted language always has a "#!<path-to-the-language>" is there a way to include other text in that first line without it affecting the ability of the script to run??? for instance, if i change the following line: #!/bin/sh echo blah... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)