Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Post 303002379 by RudiC on Wednesday 23rd of August 2017 09:21:09 AM
Old 08-23-2017
Does a file libcrypto.so.6(.something) exist in the libraries' directories, and / or possibly have a link libcrypto.so.6 pointing to it?

Last edited by RudiC; 08-23-2017 at 10:29 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Shared Object File

Hi All, I created the share object file using gcc -shared -fpic mypp.cpp -o myp.so but, pls tell me how to link this .so file to my client program. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file from UNIX to shared directory

Hi, I want to copy a file from unix machine to a shared windows directory. i tried using the ftp command but i was able to transfer the file only to my local directory. Is there any way we can transfer/copy the files from unix to windows shared directory.......... Please help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
5 Replies

3. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to open a last modified file in a directory

how to directly open a last modified file in a directory? Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

shared object

Hi, I would like to create a shared object ( .so). This shared object 1. uses the functions from a library. 2. Also it should be able to use the global variable in an app To achieve this what should I do ? 1) To use the functions in the library should I give the -ld option while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open [No such file or directory]

I am seeking help on one script that I created to celan up database audit files. The error returned is $./clean_audit.sh: /opt/oracle/logs/audit_clean.log: cannot open The same script is working on other 2 or 3 servers. But not working on other 4 servers. All servers are Oracle Linux. Here is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: cannot open file (No such file or directory)

Hello folks! I am new to Shell and awk scripting. This is my shell script that receives a string as an input from the user from the stdin. #!bin/sh printf "Enter your query\n" read query cmd=`echo $query | cut -f 1 -d " "` input_file=`echo $query | cut -f 2 -d " "` printf $input_file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiohead_
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot open shared object: when starting nrpe

Got this error when starting nrpe Starting nagios-nrpe: nagios-nrpe/usr/sbin/nrpe: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: Pls advise ---------- Post updated at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:05 PM ---------- os is Debian lenny ---------- Post updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies
COMPAT_30(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COMPAT_30(8)

NAME
compat_30 -- setup procedure for backward compatibility on post-3.0 releases SYNOPSIS
options COMPAT_30 DESCRIPTION
The compat_30 module allows NetBSD to run NetBSD 3.0 executables. The support is present if the kernel was built with option COMPAT_30. It is not available as a loadable module. Static executables typically need no additional setup. Dynamic binaries may require shared libraries whose major version number changed since NetBSD 3.0, which are listed below. A shadow directory under /emul is not used; the libraries can be obtained from a NetBSD 3.0 dis- tribution and installed in the original directories shown, as the major version number in the file name will prevent conflicts. If an upgrade installation from NetBSD 3.0 has been done and these libraries are still present, nothing more need be done. Libraries needed from 3.0 /lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /lib/libcrypto.so.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2 /lib/libevent.so.0.2 /lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0.2 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19.1 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0.1 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /lib/libradius.so.0.0 /lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /lib/libz.so.0.4 /lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libz.so.0.4 /usr/lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2 IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
COMPAT_30 enables the NetBSD 3.0 versions of the following system calls, whose syscall numbers and argument structures were changed after the 3.0 release to accommodate 64-bit filesystems: fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2). The filehandle structure (formerly fhandle_t) was made opaque to userland and variable-sized. A fh_size argument was added to related syscalls: fhstat(2), fhstatvfs(2), fhstatvfs1(2), fhopen(2), getfh(2). This changes the API and ABI of those syscalls, COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatibility is not provided, as use of those syscalls is supposed to be rare. The error code from the socket(2) syscall changed from EPROTONOSUPPORT to EAFNOSUPPORT in the case of an unsupported address family. COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatiblility is not provided. The struct ntptimeval used by ntp_gettime(2) changed with the implementation of timecounters. SEE ALSO
config(1), fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2), options(4) HISTORY
NetBSD offers back-compatibility options back to NetBSD 0.9, but the first to be documented with a manual page is compat_30. BUGS
The compatible getdents(2) is unable to see directory entries beneath the top layer of a union, even though the real 3.0 getdents() did not have that problem. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Programs with security impact that receive incorrect directory contents from getdents() may behave improperly, as when they are unable to find, or find the wrong versions of, important files. BSD
December 15, 2007 BSD