Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Identify newly attached LUN from NetApp Post 303002306 by fretagi on Tuesday 22nd of August 2017 02:55:21 AM
Old 08-22-2017
Hi

Please can I have help on this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Redhat 5 can't see my newly added LUN.

hi all, i have added new LUN to Redhat 5. i have already scanned LUN devices and it is confirmed that Kernel sees the newly added LUN's. i have used /proc/partitions and verified that my disks are there. However, i cannot find my disk using fdisk -l command. I am not sure what did i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisu0602
2 Replies

4. Solaris

new attached lun in solaris 10

hi, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in Solaris 10. Is there any difference between cfgadm and luxadm command ? rgds, snjksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't see Newly created LUN by SAN admin

hello, i am an oracle DBA and trying to scan a newly created LUN of 200 GB on fiber channel by SAN admin.we have solaris 10 and SANtoolkit is installed.i tried following to get the new LUN at my machine. go /opt/Netapp/Santoolkit/bin and then ./sanlun lun show but i see only the existing... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris- How to scan newly attached NIC's

Hi folks, How can I scan newly attached network interfaces to server without reboot? Is there any command or something to scan without reboot. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap space related issues, how to recognise the newly attached disk

hi!:) i got a problem....:wall::wall: i got several disks in my diskarray. I attached new disk to allocate it to the swap space. The problem is : how to recognise the newly attached disk? I've one more requirement -:wall:- i want to run dns service on another port number.how can i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

8. AIX

Netapp iscsi lun

Hi, I have aix 6.1 box. I want to configure iscsi luns from netapp storage. I tried in google but not getting proper solution for that. i m not getting the proper iqn name. Please share me the steps to complete this requirements. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Formatting a newly created lun

Hi , I have created one new lun in my SAN storage and make it visible to my HP servers , but the fdisk -l output is somehow confusing. Do not know what to do next ---------- fdisk -l /dev/sdo1 Disk /dev/sdo1 (Sun disk label): 64 heads, 32 sectors, 10238 cylinders Units =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.sankar
7 Replies

10. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies
hpfc(7D)							      Devices								  hpfc(7D)

NAME
hpfc - Agilent fibre channel host bus adapter SYNOPSIS
PCI pci103c DESCRIPTION
The hpfc fibre channel host bus adapter is a SCSA compliant nexus driver that supports all Agilent fibre channel host bus adapters, includ- ing the HHBA5100x, HHBA5101x, and HHBA5121x models. Agilent host bus adapters support the fibre channel protocol on private fibre channel arbitrated loops and fabrics. The driver supports up to ten host bus adapters, with a maximum of 125 fibre channel devices on each host bus adapter. The hpfc driver supports a maximum of 256 LUNs per target. The hpfc driver does not support the BIOS Int 13 feature, which enables the booting of an operating system. As a result, you should not install an operating system on devices attached to the hpfc driver. CONFIGURATION
The hpfc driver attempts to configure itself using the information in the /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf configuration file. By default, the driver supports only LUN 0 for each target device. To add multiple LUN support, modify the /kernel/drv/sd.conf file. Before upgrading the hpfc driver, backup the sd.conf file to save customized LUN settings and then use pkgrm(1M) to remove the old version of the driver. The host bus adapter port is initialized to FL_Port when connected to a fabric switch. To change it to F_Port, add the init_as_nport=1 entry to the hpfc.conf file and reboot the system. To conserve system resources, at least one disk drive must be attached to the hpfc driver. If no devices are attached, the driver will not load. FILES
/kernel/drv/hpfc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/hpfc 64-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf Driver configuration file /kernel/drv/sd.conf SCSI disk configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86, SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
luxadm(1M), pkgrm(1M), prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), ses(7D), ssd(7D) ANSI X3.272-1996, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL), ANSI X3.269-1996, Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP), ANSI X3.270-1996, SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM), Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) SunOS 5.10 10 Oct 2000 hpfc(7D)