Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to Build an Email Server on Ubuntu Linux? Post 303002254 by fns4565 on Monday 21st of August 2017 05:56:24 AM
Old 08-21-2017
How to Build an Email Server on Ubuntu Linux?

hi there !
how SSH into my Ubuntu server to Build or Send an Email?
is it true to use iRedMail?

Last edited by RudiC; 08-21-2017 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Moved to "IP networking" forum from "Web Development"

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server

Can someone please help me out here. I have SunSolaris server that has a ridiculous about of space on it. several hundred gigabytes of space. There are lots of partitions on this server that has at least 100Gs on them. I want to mount just one of these partitions on my Linux server so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help with Ubuntu Linux Server Password Problem...

Hi all, I have no root access enabled on our linux server due to safety issues. We use sudo. When I change my password using passwd command, I sometimes get issues where I can't log back in. Pam_Tally disables due to trying my password too many times. So someone in my group has to reset... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to send an email to a Linux Server?

Hello All, I was curious if its possible to send an email (in reverse) to a linux server from an email client (like Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc...)? I know it's possible to send an email FROM a Linux Server TO a email address, but I tried to just 'reply' to the Linux Servers address that sent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp,[put] all files that are .csv to server. Linux Ubuntu

Hello all, I am trying to sftp files to a server, I am using keys as authentication and I can connect with no problems. I can also put a sample file on the server. When I tried to automate this process with a .sh file I get the "couldn't canonicalize: Failure". This is my script: sftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidKoder
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with email sent from Linux server

I have written a shell script to send email to users with message body and attachment. Message body has registered symbol. But when I receive the email, registered trademark symbol has a special character prefixed and appears carlington work® whereas I am expecting to see only carlington work® .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo87
3 Replies
Email::Send(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Email::Send(3pm)

NAME
Email::Send - Simply Sending Email WAIT! ACHTUNG! Email::Send is going away... well, not really going away, but it's being officially marked "out of favor." It has API design problems that make it hard to usefully extend and rather than try to deprecate features and slowly ease in a new interface, we've released Email::Sender which fixes these problems and others. As of today, 2008-12-19, Email::Sender is young, but it's fairly well-tested. Please consider using it instead for any new work. SYNOPSIS
use Email::Send; my $message = <<'__MESSAGE__'; To: recipient@example.com From: sender@example.com Subject: Hello there folks How are you? Enjoy! __MESSAGE__ my $sender = Email::Send->new({mailer => 'SMTP'}); $sender->mailer_args([Host => 'smtp.example.com']); $sender->send($message); # more complex my $bulk = Email::Send->new; for ( qw[SMTP Sendmail Qmail] ) { $bulk->mailer($_) and last if $bulk->mailer_available($_); } $bulk->message_modifier(sub { my ($sender, $message, $to) = @_; $message->header_set(To => qq[$to@geeknest.com]) }); my @to = qw[casey chastity evelina casey_jr marshall]; my $rv = $bulk->send($message, $_) for @to; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a very simple, very clean, very specific interface to multiple Email mailers. The goal of this software is to be small and simple, easy to use, and easy to extend. Constructors new my $sender = Email::Send->new({ mailer => 'NNTP', mailer_args => [ Host => 'nntp.example.com' ], }); Create a new mailer object. This method can take parameters for any of the data properties of this module. Those data properties, which have their own accessors, are listed under "Properties". Properties mailer The mailing system you'd like to use for sending messages with this object. This is not defined by default. If you don't specify a mailer, all available plugins will be tried when the "send" method is called until one succeeds. mailer_args Arguments passed into the mailing system you're using. message_modifier If defined, this callback is invoked every time the "send" method is called on an object. The mailer object will be passed as the first argument. Second, the actual "Email::Simple" object for a message will be passed. Finally, any additional arguments passed to "send" will be passed to this method in the order they were received. This is useful if you are sending in bulk. METHODS send my $result = $sender->send($message, @modifier_args); Send a message using the predetermined mailer and mailer arguments. If you have defined a "message_modifier" it will be called prior to sending. The first argument you pass to send is an email message. It must be in some format that "Email::Abstract" can understand. If you don't have "Email::Abstract" installed then sending as plain text or an "Email::Simple" object will do. Any remaining arguments will be passed directly into your defined "message_modifier". all_mailers my @available = $sender->all_mailers; Returns a list of availabe mailers. These are mailers that are installed on your computer and register themselves as available. mailer_available # is SMTP over SSL avaialble? $sender->mailer('SMTP') if $sender->mailer_available('SMTP', ssl => 1); Given the name of a mailer, such as "SMTP", determine if it is available. Any additional arguments passed to this method are passed directly to the "is_available" method of the mailer being queried. Writing Mailers package Email::Send::Example; sub is_available { eval { use Net::Example } } sub send { my ($class, $message, @args) = @_; use Net::Example; Net::Example->do_it($message) or return; } 1; Writing new mailers is very simple. If you want to use a short name when calling "send", name your mailer under the "Email::Send" namespace. If you don't, the full name will have to be used. A mailer only needs to implement a single function, "send". It will be called from "Email::Send" exactly like this. Your::Sending::Package->send($message, @args); $message is an Email::Simple object, @args are the extra arguments passed into "Email::Send::send". Here's an example of a mailer that sends email to a URL. package Email::Send::HTTP::Post; use strict; use vars qw[$AGENT $URL $FIELD]; use Return::Value; sub is_available { eval { use LWP::UserAgent } } sub send { my ($class, $message, @args); require LWP::UserAgent; if ( @args ) { my ($URL, $FIELD) = @args; $AGENT = LWP::UserAgent->new; } return failure "Can't send to URL if no URL and field are named" unless $URL && $FIELD; $AGENT->post($URL => { $FIELD => $message->as_string }); return success; } 1; This example will keep a UserAgent singleton unless new arguments are passed to "send". It is used by calling "Email::Send::send". my $sender = Email::Send->new({ mailer => 'HTTP::Post' }); $sender->mailer_args([ 'http://example.com/incoming', 'message' ]); $sender->send($message); $sender->send($message2); # uses saved $URL and $FIELD SEE ALSO
Email::Simple, Email::Abstract, Email::Send::IO, Email::Send::NNTP, Email::Send::Qmail, Email::Send::SMTP, Email::Send::Sendmail, perl. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project. <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Send> AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org>. Original author: Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Casey West. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-31 Email::Send(3pm)