Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chmod by multiple users.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Chmod by multiple users. Post 303002196 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 19th of August 2017 04:53:05 AM
Old 08-19-2017
Test first and assume an existing file has the desired permissions.
Code:
if [ \! -f /tmp/logs/date.log ]
then
  mkdir -p /tmp/logs
  touch /tmp/logs/date.log
  chmod -R 777 /tmp/logs
fi

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users need to chmod on newly ftp'd files

Is there a way to specify 774 permissions for a file uploaded to an app server via ftp without the users logging in and doing a chmod on the file they just put? I understand they were doing this with an old shared account, and it was working. When they started using their own accounts it stopped... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgentile
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply `chmod` for multiple files through FTP

Hi all, Can you please help me in this aspect. I devoloped a FTP script to copy a directory to remote server. Now i got stuck-up in changing the file permissions for all the files in directory. I tried to change the permissions of single file and I did it but failed in changing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add multiple users

HI, 1.I want to add multiple users at a same time. How to achive this , since useradd will add only one user at a time,. 2.Also let me know how to install a software in a group of machines where the machines are not configured as zones (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Multiple Users

I need to have more than one user logged into my PC's VMWare Linux virtual simultaneously, each seeing a graphical display, to test my software's ability to affect their displays one by one. I have never done anything like this before. My Linux virtuals have been for my development only, that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
obd2kml(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2kml(1)

NAME
obd2kml - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to Google Earth kml files SYNOPSIS
obd2kml [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to Google Earth kml files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .kml file -a|--altitude <altitude> In the kml file, normalise the graph to this height -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -n|--name <folder name> Everything in this output file is wrapped in a folder named this -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2csv(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2kml(1)