Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP 1012 Printer
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support HP 1012 Printer Post 303002181 by Meow613 on Friday 18th of August 2017 06:41:05 PM
Old 08-18-2017
"Don't be silly. That is not what we need to know and you probably knew that."

Honestly, I did not know.

What program are you printing from? Atril document viewer
What printer daemon and driver do you use? I don't know. How can I find out?
Can anything else still print to that printer? It seems not. I just tried 1 page. No results
What does "issue from the desktop" mean? The dialog that results from a Ctrl P command
What is your desktop? Mate

The printer will print a test page from itself but not a page from CUPS.

TIA

BTW

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

printer

On my network I have three win 2k and 4 unix machines(sun 7). At on time I could print from the unix machines but now all I can print from is the windows machines. The print server is on a window machine. When I boot the unix machine it show's the printer is recognized. when I ping the printer it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victbla
1 Replies

2. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
lpc(8)								    Apple Inc.								    lpc(8)

NAME
lpc - line printer control program SYNOPSIS
lpc [ command [ parameter(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpc provides limited control over printer and class queues provided by CUPS. It can also be used to query the state of queues. If no command is specified on the command-line, lpc will display a prompt and accept commands from the standard input. COMMANDS
The lpc program accepts a subset of commands accepted by the Berkeley lpc program of the same name: exit Exits the command interpreter. help [command] ? [command] Displays a short help message. quit Exits the command interpreter. status [queue] Displays the status of one or more printer or class queues. LIMITATIONS
Since lpc is geared towards the Berkeley printing system, it is impossible to use lpc to configure printer or class queues provided by CUPS. To configure printer or class queues you must use the lpadmin(8) command or another CUPS-compatible client with that functionality. COMPATIBILITY
The CUPS version of lpc does not implement all of the standard Berkeley or LPRng commands. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), cupsaccept(8), cupsenable(8), lp(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 3 November 2008 CUPS lpc(8)