Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to check if files exits Post 303002134 by scriptor on Friday 18th of August 2017 07:34:26 AM
Old 08-18-2017
Script to check if files exits

Hi

In live system core files are generating frequently. around 10 core files in 30 mins in root file system. which is eating my space very much
below is core file
Code:

core.56539
core.78886
core.12302
core.80554
core.20147

I am trying to write a script which should move this file to another path till i get the solution but it is not working.

Code:

#!/bin/bash
cd /root
if [ -s *core* ]
then
    mv *cor* /tmp/scriptor
else
        echo "No core file" >>coer.log
fi

below is the error which i am getting
Code:

./checkcore.sh
./checkcore.sh: line 3: [: too many arguments

regards,
scriptor

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits with $? not 0 randomly, how can I see what command failed?

Hi! I have this situation with 3 shellscripts. One is a "startscript" that simply calls other scripts. This one is scheduled with cron to run at regular intervals. That script runs what I'll refer to as Script 1. Script 1 in turn runs script 2 (import_catalogs_buyer.sh) Sometimes, seemingly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trailsmoke
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exits from putty instead of shell script

Dear, I have written below code to initiate the log at top of my script. #Set the log file LOGFILE=<path>/<filename.log> exec > $LOGFILE 2>&1 ............... .... ... .. ............ echo -e "\n\n Script finished OK " `date "+%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S" ` "\n\n" exit 0 the logging ends only... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imran_Chennai
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'script' command exits immediately

I'm trying to capture the output of some commands with the 'script' utility. Normally, I would type 'script /path/to/output/file', then enter commands, then hit ctrl+D to end the 'script' capture. I'm having trouble with it on a server. Upon starting 'script', it exits immediately before I type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check when user exits SUDO

Hello to everyone, I'm new here and would like to thank everybody for the upcoming support, I know that I will have my question answered here, this community is huge. :) First of all, I´m a DBA and work on a daily basis on Unix environments of all kinds (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, etc). I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZeroBR
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script dosent exits after executing the script

Hi i wrote a script which dosent exists after executing any help #!/bin/bash netstat -ptlen | grep 10000 if ; then echo "Hive Thrift server is running" exit 0 else echo "Hive Thrift server is down Trying to Bring up the service" | mail -s "ALERT" team@domain.com `nohup hive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh bash script exits without remote command completion

Hi, My goal is to connect from unix server A to windows server B and call a bat file on windows. I am able to succeed in remoting to windows and executing a command, the issue i am facing is the shell scrip is exiting without making sure of bat file success. Can you please help me in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxp018
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits when using UNIX2dos / dos2UNIX

I'm not sure why but my script quits automatically at the point where unix2dos / dos2unix command is used. :confused::confused::confused: How do a fix it? LOG_FILE=MADDY.txt unix2dos ${LOG_FILE} exec 2> $LOG_FILE 1>&2 echo ${LOG_FILE} The script exists after the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies
WRJPGCOM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       WRJPGCOM(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [ -replace ] [ -comment text ] [ -cfile name ] [ filename ] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG/JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG/JFIF file on standard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard doesn't actually define what COM blocks are for, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This lets you add annotations, titles, index terms, etc to your JPEG files, and later retrieve them as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have as many of them as you like in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks; but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
Switch names may be abbreviated, and are not case sensitive. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. -comment text Supply text for new COM block on command line. -cfile name Read text for new COM block from named file. If you have only one line of comment text to add, you can provide it on the command line with -comment. The comment text must be sur- rounded with quotes so that it is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you give neither -comment nor -cfile, then wrjpgcom will read the comment text from standard input. (In this case an input image file name MUST be supplied, so that the source JPEG file comes from somewhere else.) You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB worth. Type an end-of-file indicator (usually control-D) to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom will not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore -replace -comment "" can be used to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Add a short comment to in.jpg, producing out.jpg: wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Attach a long comment previously stored in comment.txt: wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or equivalently wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) AUTHOR
Independent JPEG Group 15 June 1995 WRJPGCOM(1)