Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to evaluate expression under awk? Post 303002130 by RudiC on Friday 18th of August 2017 07:06:34 AM
Old 08-18-2017
Duplicate post. Continue here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for more than one expression using AWK

I have a txt file like below: testin.txt AB BC CD DE I have the following awk script BEGIN {flag1="N"} /(AB)|(BC)|(CD)|(DE)/ {flag1="Y"} END {print flag1} >awk -f testin.awk testin.txt Returns Y (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: visakhcr
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression in AWK

Hello world, I was wondering if there is a nicer way to write the following code (in AWK): awk ' FNR==NR&&$1~/^m$/{tok1=1} FNR==NR&&$1~/^m10$/{tok1=1} ' my_file In fact, it looks for m2, m4, m6, m8 and m10 and then return a positive flag. The problem is how to define 10 thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk inside Awk expression

Hi, It can be used awk inside other Awk?. I need to get another text processing while other text process. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to evaluate a string of numbers in the same command of AWK

Hi, I am trying to do evaluate one numerical string after substitution. ++++++++++++++++== What I have = "7.04+2.3Xlog(0.72e-6X1.0e6)X1.9596" What I need = evaluate 7.04+2.3*log(0.72e-6*1.0e6)*1.9596 = 5.55941 what I am doing; echo "7.04+2.3Xlog(0.72e-6X1.0e6)X1.9596" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_shm74
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in understanding awk expression

Hi, Could somebody help me in understanding the following awk expression: awk -v n="POINT" '/%/{print $0 "\n" n ;next}1' < file name Thanks, Arun (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regular expression

Hello, I have big files which I wanna filter them based on first column. first column should be one of these strings: chr2L || chr2R || chr3L || chr3R || chr4 || chrX and something like chr2Lh or chrY or chrM3L is not accepted. I used the following command: awk '{ if ($1=="chr2L" ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print expression

Hi All, I have a doubt in awk print exp. Where in some awk commands have seen a digit 1 appended at the end of the awk ,didnt remember the command . like .. cat file |awk '{print }1' Could some one help in understanding these cases where we use them. Regards, Ganesh, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to evaluate a variable name on LHS of expression?

I am trying to write a simple function to select values from a database and assign them to variables. It can have any number of arguments sent into it, and I want to assign the value retrieved to a different variable name for each argument sent in. So my code looks something like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate Expression within awk

I want to create a conditional expression string and pass in an awk script. My script is as below... comm="\$3 == "hello"" awk -F "^T" -v command="${comm}" ' { if ( command ) { print "hye" } }' testBut the statement "if ( command )" always evaluates to true which is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saikat123
5 Replies
ARBITRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ARBITRON(8)

NAME
arbitron - arbitron mailboxes SYNOPSIS
arbitron [ -C config-file ] [ -o ] [ -u ] [ -l ] [ -p months ] [ -d days | -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] ] mailbox... DESCRIPTION
Arbitron collects and reports readership statistics for mailboxes on the server. It also optionally prunes the mailboxes of Seen state for dormant users. Arbitron produces one line of output per mailbox, reporting the mailbox name followed by a space, followed by the number of readers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the readers userids), and if -o is not specified, another space and the number of subscribers (and if -u is specified, followed by a colon and a comma-separated list of the subscribers userids). IMPORTANT: This format is subject to change in future versions. Each "reader" is a distinct authentication identity which has "s" rights to the mailbox and which has SELECTed the mailbox within either the past days days or the specified date range. Users are not counted as reading their own personal mailboxes. Personal mailboxes are not reported unless there is at least one reader other than the mailboxes owner. Arbitron reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -o "old way" -- do not report subscribers. -u Report userids in addition to the count(s). -l Enable long reporting (comma delimited table consisting of mbox, userid, r/s, start time, end time). -d days Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within days days. Default is 30. -D mmddyyyy[:mmddyyyy] Count as a reader an authentication identity which has SELECTed the mailbox within the given date range. The start date and optional end date are specified as 2-digit month of the year, 2-digit day of the month, and 4-digit year. If the end date is not specified, then the current system time is used as the end time. -p months Prune Seen state for users who have not SELECTed the mailbox within months months. Default is infinity. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus ARBITRON(8)