Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? You too can learn how to code in a day! ;oO Post 303002102 by joeyg on Thursday 17th of August 2017 10:32:36 AM
Old 08-17-2017
Is this simply an ad for some company called 'decoded'?

Because of course you can learn to code in a day, just like you can learn surgery or quantum physics.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

3. Solaris

May i know the day to day activities of a Solaris system administrator?

Recently i have attended a telephonic interview. As i dont have work experience in solaris i was not able to deliver correct answer for this question. Your answer will help for the people like me who is looking to become Solaris System administrator. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code creates day 32 instead of 1st day of next month.

I am using the code below modified from a post I saw here regarding having the script write out future dates. The problem is that instead of making 8/1 it makes 7/32! Please help! yy=`date +%Y` mm=`date +%m` dd=`date +%d` echo "Today is : $yy $mm $dd" #!/usr/bin/ksh date '+%m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Can anybody learn how to code?

Hey Everyone, Apologies on the vague title, but it is at the core of my question - let me first elaborate a little bit here. Just to give a brief background on myself - I have been working in the IT industry for around 4 years now. I first started working straight from college (where I did... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilnet101
12 Replies
numptyphysics(6)						  Numpty Physics						  numptyphysics(6)

NAME
numptyphysics - Crayon-based physics puzzle game SYNOPSIS
numptyphysics DESCRIPTION
Numpty Physics is a Crayon-drawing puzzle game in the spirit of Crayon Physics using the same excellent Box2D engine. It melds cute school- book-style graphics with a kind of realistic physics engine. It includes a built-in editor so that you may build (and submit) your own lev- els. A summary of the keys supported is included below. PLAY KEYS
stylus draw a new stroke space or enter pause/unpause physics esc or backspace undo last stroke q quit r or up reset level to initial state n or right skip to next level p or left go to previous level e or fullscreen edit mode Hints: Each stroke is like a rigid piece of wire with a mass proportional to its length. A closed stroke is just a wire bent into a shape, it has no substance apart from its perimeter. The ends of a strokes can (and will) join onto other strokes when drawn near enough to another stroke. These joints are pivots so you can use this to build levers, pendulums and other mechanical wonders. Jointed strokes don't collide with each other. Join both ends to make a rigid structure Play bugs: goal item does not respawn if lost. EDITOR KEYS
Keys: (as per play mode plus the following) e or fullscreen leave edit mode s or menu save to ~/.numptyphysics/L99_saved.nph zoom-minus + stylus delete stroke at point zoom-plus + stylus drag stroke at point Hints: It's handy to pause the physics when making a new level though this is by no means necessary. Sometimes it is handy to let the physics run for a little bit just to let the items settle down. From the editor palette you can choose the crayon colour and then additional properties such as: * ground (earth arrow) - stroke is fixed in place. * sleeping (Zzz) - stroke is not subject to physics until bumped by something else. * decorator (dashed D) - stroke is not part of the physical world. eg: tutorial text. You should make sure that your level has at least one red item (player token) and at least one yellow item (goal item). Token strokes will only join to other token strokes. Goal strokes will only join to goal strokes. Other strokes will happily join to any non-token non-goal strokes. If this is your first time, you may need to restart the game for your saved L99 to show up. If you wish to be clever, edit the level file directly - it's just a simple text format. Editor bugs: There is not yet any provision to name your level but you can just rename the file to anything. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. December 30, 2009 numptyphysics(6)