Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace query by reading the file Post 303002069 by rohit_shinez on Thursday 17th of August 2017 03:56:11 AM
Old 08-17-2017
Thanks a lot,

Can this be achived in Shell scripting instead of perl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all, Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below. FileName='filekey.txt' while read LINE do var=$LINE print "For File key $var" ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a file reading from another file

Hi Guys, I have a file which has string which needs to be replaced by what. Change.txt Former Replace with ASD AAD ABP NAID I like to read this file and search another file and replace the content. For an example, read Change.txt and replace ASD with AAD in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Programming

Conditional replace after reading in a file

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from sql query

I have sql query in shell script. select distinct account_no from adj order by account_no; This query returns account number daily.Sometimes it may return 90 rows sometime it may return 1 row only and someday it may return 0 rows I am storing the output of this query in sql_output.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)