Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script execution in sequence manner Post 303002019 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 16th of August 2017 07:55:29 AM
Old 08-16-2017
It is most simple record the jobs to be skipped, i.e. the good jobs.
Then initially the "good" file can be empty or missing.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
good=./good
for job in script1.sh script2.sh script3.sh
do
  if [ -f $good ] && fgrep -x $job $good >/dev/null
  then
    echo "$job already completed"
  else
    echo "Running $job"
    sh -x $job > ${job%.*}.log
    status=$?
    if [ $status -ne 0 ]; then
      echo "failed with exit $status"
      exit 1
    else
      echo $job >> $good
    fi
  fi
done
echo "all good, removing $good"
rm $good

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script in boot sequence

Hi , I have some problems with my library when the sytem boot : When HPUX is booting, HPUX and STAPE claim the drive initially. HPUX assigns an instance number. The instance number is tied to the hardware path. Near the end of the boot, the ATDD driver claims the drive from STAPE based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract <P> tags in a custom manner from below mentioned input.

Following is input: <P align="justify" ><FONT size="+1" color="#221E1F">the tiny bundles of hairs that protrude from them. Waves in the fluid of the inner ear stimulate the hair cells. Like the rods and cones in the eye, the hair cells convert this physical stimulation into neural im<FONT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script with a sequence of nohups

Hi, I have written this script below to run a mathematica notebook, and then I want to launch another one when the first one finishes doing what it must. The notebook includes a command which will exit the program math. If I do it like below the two math processes begin at the same time, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amen_corner
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Appending the contents of two files in computational manner

Hi, I have two files say file 1 file 2 File1 1 2 4 5 File 2 asdf adf How to get the ouput something like asdf1 adf1 asdf2 adf2 asdf4 adf4 asdf5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to log out of the server in such a manner that you are not logged out of PUTTY?

Hi, I am using EXIT command to log out of the server, But this logs me out of the Putty. Is there any way that I can still be present on Putty and just log out of the server. Every time I have to open a new session of PUTTY for a new server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

6. Linux

ARM Cortex A9 Core-'1' Execution Sequence

Hi, Iam using OMAP4430 panda board for my project development. It has ARM Cortex A9 MP Core (CORE-'0' & CORE-'1') and iam using linux-2.6.38. Iam just trying to understand the booting sequence for CORE-1. As per my understanding the CORE-1 is triggered from wakeup_secondary(void) in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Help with make this Fortran code more efficient (in HPC manner)

Hi there, I had run into some fortran code to modify. Obviously, it was written without thinking of high performance computing and not parallelized... Now I would like to make the code "on track" and parallel. After a whole afternoon thinking, I still cannot find where to start. Can any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: P_E_M_Lee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort and compare files in more efficient manner?

Hello All, Iam using below method to sort and compare files. First iam doing sorting and changing the same file and then doing comparing and taking the final result to another file. sort -o temp.txt file1 mv temp.txt file1 sort -o temp.txt file2 mv temp.txt file2 sort -o temp.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
6 Replies
faxrm(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)