Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What is the command to add user to sudo? Post 303002008 by vbe on Wednesday 16th of August 2017 04:44:11 AM
Old 08-16-2017
the AIX command to create a new user is mkuser, but if you are asking, then I suggest to not try but to use the gui/txt administration interface: smitty ( txt ) /smit ( X11 ) by typing the shortcut
Code:
 smit/smitty user

This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who can help me how to add user without 'useradd' command

Can any one tell me if i dun want using 'useradd' command to add new user, it is have any command i can use to add a new user?and any extra step needed for my local environment? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp with a sudo user

Morning guys, I'm hoping you can advise me as to whether or not the following is possible. Is there a way of firing off an scp command with a sudo user as the user? e.g. I am logged onto server1 as smith, but want to pull files from server2 that I can only read as sudo jones. In my mind it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

4. AIX

Run sudo to another user

Run sudo to another user . I have two users in my AIX system appadmin (Application admin ) and appuser (Application user) Application Admin user has special permission to run every thing about this application. I have one script called /usr/app.sh Only appadmin has permission to run this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo user

I am trying to run a command from different user on my server. However when i execute the command it asks for password can you please help. when i use this command to switch user no password is required 1) sudo su - bilbtf42 when i use 2) sudo su - bilbtf42 cp file1 direcotry1/file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo su - USER ??? How to??

Hi folks, Here is my question of the day 8-) I have to provide the ability to sudo su - orapd2 & sudo su - pd2adm for the following people User A, B, C, D which all of them are part of the group staff. orapd2 and pd2adm are also users. Users A, B, C, D should not type the password for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo su - user not working

Hi All, I need your expertise to solve my problem, my account has permission to make sudo and su but when I try to switch user in a shell, it does not work with following message: "Sorry, user jmbeltra is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/su -c echo HELLO THERE - oracle' as root on dbbr1k01" I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axtel
4 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo to other user

Hello All, I am trying to grant sudo privileges to a set of users (say tom and jerry) to sudo to another set of users (jim, harry). This is because we don't want to disclose the password of jim and harry. I did defined the user_alias and runas alias. %wms ALL = (USR) /usr/bin/su -, where wms... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
7 Replies

10. SuSE

How to add a new user to sudo group in openSuse 12.3?

Hi All, I have created a openSUSE 12.3 VM in my VirtualBox. I have created one user and added that user to my group. Is there any command by which I can add that user to sudoers user group like we do in ubuntu? #sudo adduser user1 sudo I checked the /etc/groups file, but there is no sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies
GIT-GUI(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-GUI(1)

NAME
git-gui - A portable graphical interface to Git SYNOPSIS
git gui [<command>] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
A Tcl/Tk based graphical user interface to Git. git gui focuses on allowing users to make changes to their repository by making new commits, amending existing ones, creating branches, performing local merges, and fetching/pushing to remote repositories. Unlike gitk, git gui focuses on commit generation and single file annotation and does not show project history. It does however supply menu actions to start a gitk session from within git gui. git gui is known to work on all popular UNIX systems, Mac OS X, and Windows (under both Cygwin and MSYS). To the extent possible OS specific user interface guidelines are followed, making git gui a fairly native interface for users. COMMANDS
blame Start a blame viewer on the specified file on the given version (or working directory if not specified). browser Start a tree browser showing all files in the specified commit (or HEAD by default). Files selected through the browser are opened in the blame viewer. citool Start git gui and arrange to make exactly one commit before exiting and returning to the shell. The interface is limited to only commit actions, slightly reducing the application's startup time and simplifying the menubar. version Display the currently running version of git gui. EXAMPLES
git gui blame Makefile Show the contents of the file Makefile in the current working directory, and provide annotations for both the original author of each line, and who moved the line to its current location. The uncommitted file is annotated, and uncommitted changes (if any) are explicitly attributed to Not Yet Committed. git gui blame v0.99.8 Makefile Show the contents of Makefile in revision v0.99.8 and provide annotations for each line. Unlike the above example the file is read from the object database and not the working directory. git gui blame --line=100 Makefile Loads annotations as described above and automatically scrolls the view to center on line 100. git gui citool Make one commit and return to the shell when it is complete. This command returns a non-zero exit code if the window was closed in any way other than by making a commit. git gui citool --amend Automatically enter the Amend Last Commit mode of the interface. git gui citool --nocommit Behave as normal citool, but instead of making a commit simply terminate with a zero exit code. It still checks that the index does not contain any unmerged entries, so you can use it as a GUI version of git-mergetool(1) git citool Same as git gui citool (above). git gui browser maint Show a browser for the tree of the maint branch. Files selected in the browser can be viewed with the internal blame viewer. SEE ALSO
gitk(1) The Git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git gui's Repository Visualize actions. OTHER
git gui is actually maintained as an independent project, but stable versions are distributed as part of the Git suite for the convenience of end users. A git gui development repository can be obtained from: git clone git://repo.or.cz/git-gui.git or git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/git-gui.git or browsed online at http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui.git/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-GUI(1)