Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to start process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to start process Post 303002007 by simpsa27 on Wednesday 16th of August 2017 04:21:03 AM
Old 08-16-2017
Great stuff Robin this solved and does what I needed Smilie

Thank you so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

get process start time

Hi all, I like to know how can I get currenlty running process start time and date , I know only porcess id in solaris and hp-ux and what is command to get same using ps with switch. Thanks Naeem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start a process.. from a different host ...

Hi ! I want to start and stop a process... on different machines(HOSTS) example : I have machine1..machine2..machine3 And I have a NFS file system. (Wlsuite/myfile/) I'm writing a script that will start processes in machine1.... machine2.... Preferably.. I dont want to log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Script to get the start minute of n number of process

How can i write a script.? which lists all X process and gets the start minute of each of them. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anteus
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant start httpd process

httpd status is stopped.cant start it again by : /etc/init.d/httpd restart or /etc/init.d/httpd/start help needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to start a process killable by all

Hi, Is there a way to start a process that any other user would have the privs to kill? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris+Perl script to get process start date

Hi all, after reading the post: * https://www.unix.com/solaris/101653-how-get-process-start-date-time-solaris.html I wrote my perl script and it worked like a charm. This script is called every 5 minutes by the monitoring server crontab and is executed on the remote network elements via ssh (the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Scheduling where to start

Hello, i'm absolutely new to the whole Operating Systems thing. I am pretty much level 0. My assignment is to "simulate the execution of a stream of processes by a computer system, one CPU, many terminals 12 disk drives, 30 public mailboxes. The professor runs a series of inputs which is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaneSkylar
1 Replies
SLAGTS(l)								 )								 SLAGTS(l)

NAME
SLAGTS - may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLAGTS( JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, JOB, N REAL TOL INTEGER IN( * ) REAL A( * ), B( * ), C( * ), D( * ), Y( * ) PURPOSE
SLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine SLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. ARGUMENTS
JOB (input) INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by SLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equa- tions (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be per- turbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A (input) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. B (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. C (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from SLAGTF. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. IN (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from SLAGTF. Y (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL (input/output) REAL On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0 : successful exit element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLAGTS(l)