Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What is the command to add user to sudo? Post 303002004 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 16th of August 2017 03:24:51 AM
Old 08-16-2017
visudo and add the user or, if you have an administrative group (eg. wheel) add the user to the group with adduser $USERNAME wheel
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who can help me how to add user without 'useradd' command

Can any one tell me if i dun want using 'useradd' command to add new user, it is have any command i can use to add a new user?and any extra step needed for my local environment? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp with a sudo user

Morning guys, I'm hoping you can advise me as to whether or not the following is possible. Is there a way of firing off an scp command with a sudo user as the user? e.g. I am logged onto server1 as smith, but want to pull files from server2 that I can only read as sudo jones. In my mind it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

4. AIX

Run sudo to another user

Run sudo to another user . I have two users in my AIX system appadmin (Application admin ) and appuser (Application user) Application Admin user has special permission to run every thing about this application. I have one script called /usr/app.sh Only appadmin has permission to run this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo user

I am trying to run a command from different user on my server. However when i execute the command it asks for password can you please help. when i use this command to switch user no password is required 1) sudo su - bilbtf42 when i use 2) sudo su - bilbtf42 cp file1 direcotry1/file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo su - USER ??? How to??

Hi folks, Here is my question of the day 8-) I have to provide the ability to sudo su - orapd2 & sudo su - pd2adm for the following people User A, B, C, D which all of them are part of the group staff. orapd2 and pd2adm are also users. Users A, B, C, D should not type the password for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo su - user not working

Hi All, I need your expertise to solve my problem, my account has permission to make sudo and su but when I try to switch user in a shell, it does not work with following message: "Sorry, user jmbeltra is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/su -c echo HELLO THERE - oracle' as root on dbbr1k01" I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axtel
4 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo to other user

Hello All, I am trying to grant sudo privileges to a set of users (say tom and jerry) to sudo to another set of users (jim, harry). This is because we don't want to disclose the password of jim and harry. I did defined the user_alias and runas alias. %wms ALL = (USR) /usr/bin/su -, where wms... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
7 Replies

10. SuSE

How to add a new user to sudo group in openSuse 12.3?

Hi All, I have created a openSUSE 12.3 VM in my VirtualBox. I have created one user and added that user to my group. Is there any command by which I can add that user to sudoers user group like we do in ubuntu? #sudo adduser user1 sudo I checked the /etc/groups file, but there is no sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)