Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Purge X old days files and Print count Post 303001953 by krux_rap on Tuesday 15th of August 2017 11:48:07 AM
Old 08-15-2017
Thanks, Jim.

Code:
     find "$dir" -type f -exec (( n++ )) -exec rm {} \;

how to test without -exec rm {} ?

Regards,
Karthik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files, keep 3 versions of last 4 days

Hello, I currently generate a file every 15 minutes for 12 hours a day. I would like to clean the directory on a daily basis. I only want to keep the latest 3 versions for the last 4 days in the directory. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barbara (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and purge a files in a dir

HI All, I have recuirement to purge the files in a directory . In that directory i an having many sub-directory . When i use find command like find ~/work/test/insert -name "*.*" -mtime +12 it is listing the file not accesed before 12 , It also takes the subdirectories inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print as well as count the files found by find command

I want the output of the find command to be printed and also the total files found by it. Can someone help in this. Obviously $ find . -type f | wc -l will not output the files found but only the count. I want both. There can be millions and trillions of files so dont want the output of find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

count identical strings print last row and count

I have a sorted file like: Apple 3 Apple 5 Apple 8 Banana 2 Banana 3 Grape 31 Orange 7 Orange 13 I'd like to search $1 and if $1 is not the same as $1 in the previous row print that row and print the number of times $1 was found. so the output would look like: Apple 8 3 Banana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a script and schedule which purge 30 days old files

Hi Friends, Very new in Unix and i got a requirement like writing a script and schedule it, so that it removes 30 days old files from all the log locations of a unix box. Suppose i have a unix server ltbamdev1 and in this server i have a mount point opt/bam. In this mount point i have 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duos
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count previous days files

Hi i know how to get no of files in some particular folder by following command which includes today and previous days files also ls |wc -l but i needed a command in which i can list previous one or two days files only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahiljavaid
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies
Ns_Exec(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Exec(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ExecArgblk, Ns_ExecArgv, Ns_ExecProc, Ns_ExecProcess, Ns_Fork, Ns_GetEnviron, Ns_WaitForProcess, Ns_WaitProcess, ns_fork - External process execution SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ExecArgblk(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecArgv(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char **argv, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecProc(char *exec, char **argv) int Ns_ExecProcess(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_Fork(void) char **Ns_GetEnviron(void) int Ns_WaitForProcess(int pid, int *statusPtr) int Ns_WaitProcess(int pid) int ns_fork(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions handle fork and exec operations. See files: nsd/exec.c, nsd/tclenv.c and nsthread/fork.c. Ns_ExecArgblk(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Return process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Provides extended error checking and error messages. Ns_ExecArgv(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, argv, env) Execute a command in a child process using fork(2) and execve(2), returns the process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. The child sends an extended error message to the parent. Ns_ExecProc(exec, argv) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Simpli- fies call to Ns_ExecArgv. Ns_ExecProcess(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Calls Ns_ExecArgblk with same arguments. Ns_Fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. See fork(2) man page. Calls ns_fork. Ns_GetEnviron() Returns pointer to the environment vector. Ns_WaitForProcess(pid, statusPtr) Wait for child process. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. *statusPtr is set to the exit code of the child process. Ns_WaitProcess(pid) Wait for child process. Calls Ns_WaitForProcess with NULL statusPtr. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. ns_fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Exec(3aolserver)