Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data Pivot
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Data Pivot Post 303001937 by RudiC on Tuesday 15th of August 2017 05:02:56 AM
Old 08-15-2017
This is as unspecific a specification as can be. DON'T have people guessing what you want! Why should anybody care more for the problem than you do?
Where does the term "MSISDN" come from?

And, with quite some membership time and 139 posts, you should at least have some vague idea on how to tackle this problem. So - any attempts / ideas / thought from your side?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pivot

I have a sql table with : Acitvity Date Value ABC 7/11 10 DEF 7/11 98 ABC 7/12 23 DEF 7/12 100 SER 7/12 67 GRH 7/13 123 HJY 7/14 12 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukhanj
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot table

Hello everyone, I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: monday 0 1 monday 1 1 monday 2 1 monday 3 1 monday 4 1 monday 5 1 tuesday 0 5 tuesday 1 1 tuesday 2 1 tuesday 3 1 tuesday 4 1 wednesday 0 1 monday 5 25 they represent the day the hour and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot script

Hi Please suggest a script that would do a horizontal pivot , on the fields separated by a semicolon Below is my input file 1|c2|aa 1|c3|dd 1|c4|cc 1|c5|aa 1|c6|ss 1|c7|dd 1|c8|bb 1|c9|jjj 1|c10|kkk 1|c11|fffg 1|c12|nnn;indi;pak;linf;wer 1|c13|lllnk;li;sdfsd;oiuo 1|c14|ppp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pivot multiple

Dear friend, I want to sum popul based on ville and reg. input date country ville reg popul 20131101 INDIA Gujarat College 322047286 20131101 USA Oregon 2 Kindergaten 477305599 20131101 INDIA Delhi 1 Ecole 255029428 20131101 MEXICO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot using awk

Hi, I am writing a code to basically pivot the data. awk -v var1="" -v var2="" -v var3="" -v var4="" -v var5="" -v Disp=0\ 'BEGIN {FS=":"; OFS="|";}\ /^Pattern1/ {var1=$2;Disp=0;} \ /^Pattern2/ {var2=$2;} \ /^Pattern3/ {var3=$2;} \ /^Pattern4/ {var4=$2;} \ /^Pattern5/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot data using awk

Hi My Input is like below DELETE|MPI|AUD_UPD_AGENT|MPISYS INSERT|MPI|AUD_UPD_AGENT|MPISYS SELECT|MPI|AUD_UPD_AGENT|MPISYS UPDATE|MPI|AUD_UPD_AGENT|MPISYS DELETE|MPI|BDYMOD|MPISYS INSERT|MPI|BDYMOD|MPISYS SELECT|MPI|BDYMOD|MPISYS UPDATE|MPI|BDYMOD|MPISYS DELETE|MPI|BDYMOD_DESC|MPISYS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to pivot data

Input data Output Required Tried this but not giving right results: nawk -F"|" '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $NF}' filename Please help me fix this. And also explain the logic how you did it so, I can do it next time. Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

9. Programming

DB Query for Pivot

hi team With below results in Db2 v10.5 . Please refer column A and B are same,while Staus column defers with distinct values . A B STATUS Insert Update Old Insert Update New Insert Update Final Can someone guide how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot example

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting so pardon me for the questions I will be asking. I was given a task where I have to pivot my data Example Source SGPAPCTUMACCHEA Expected output SGP APC TUM SGP APC ACC SGP APC HEA Can anybody assist me on this?Please use CODE tags as required... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redaela
3 Replies
INTRO(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  INTRO(9)

NAME
intro -- introduction to system kernel interfaces DESCRIPTION
This section contains information about the interfaces and subroutines in the kernel. PROTOTYPES ANSI-C AND ALL THAT Yes please. We would like all code to be fully prototyped. If your code compiles cleanly with cc -Wall we would feel happy about it. It is important to understand that this is not a question of just shutting up cc, it is a question about avoiding the things it complains about. To put it bluntly, do not hide the problem by casting and other obfuscating practices, solve the problem. INDENTATION AND STYLE
Believe it or not, there actually exists a guide for indentation and style. It is not generally applied though. We would appreciate if people would pay attention to it, and at least not violate it blatantly. We do not mind it too badly if you have your own style, but please make sure we can read it too. Please take time to read style(9) for more information. NAMING THINGS
Some general rules exist: 1. If a function is meant as a debugging aid in DDB, it should be enclosed in #ifdef DDB #endif /* DDB */ And the name of the procedure should start with the prefix DDB_ to clearly identify the procedure as a debugger routine. SCOPE OF SYMBOLS
It is important to carefully consider the scope of symbols in the kernel. The default is to make everything static, unless some reason requires the opposite. There are several reasons for this policy, the main one is that the kernel is one monolithic name-space, and pollution is not a good idea here either. For device drivers and other modules that do not add new internal interfaces to the kernel, the entire source should be in one file if possi- ble. That way all symbols can be made static. If for some reason a module is split over multiple source files, then try to split the module along some major fault-line and consider using the number of global symbols as your guide. The fewer the better. SEE ALSO
style(9) HISTORY
The intro section manual page appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. BSD
December 13, 1995 BSD