Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a log file and creating a report script Post 303001933 by bakunin on Tuesday 15th of August 2017 04:34:29 AM
Old 08-15-2017
This is a very old system (if i had to guess i'd say 15+ years) and i am astonished that it even runs AIX 5.3. My old 43P won't run anything newer than 5.2. SSA (IBMs idea of obsoleting SCSI) went out of fashion about the turn of the century. (Btw.: i don't know the "9026-P70" in your source report but the "7026-H70" from your sample output. Might it be that your cut&paste didn't work well?)

AS it seems this an output from either the lscfg -vp command or from prtconf (not sure if this was already present in 5.3). Wouldn't it be easier - instead of parsing this output - to use the lsdev and lsattr commands to get exactly the specifications you want to know about every individual device?

For this, of course, one would need to know what exactly you want to see in your report. Right now this is only vaguely defined.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Last edited by bakunin; 08-15-2017 at 05:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script for creating a log file

I have a schell script that runs continously on an AIX system. It is actually started from another shell script with the "ksh -x" command and then I just write the output to a log file. This causes the log files to be filled with mostly useless information. I would like to modify this script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for parsing 300mb log file..

am relatively new to Shell scripting. I have written a script for parsing a big file. The logic is: Apart from lot of other useless stuffs, there are many occurances of <abc> and corresponding </abc> tags. (All of them are properly closed) My requirement is to find a particular tag (say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script parsing a log file

I have a large log file, which I want to first use grep to get the specific lines then send it to awk to print out the specific column and if the result is zero, don't do anything. What I have so far is: LOGDIR=/usr/local/oracle/Transcription/log ERRDIR=/home/edixftp/errors #I want to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevasquez
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Parsing Log File

Working on a script that inputs an IP, parses and outputs to another file. A Sample of the log is as follows: I need the script to be able to input IP and print the data in an output file in the following format or something similar: Thanks for any help you can give me! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing with Name value pair and creating a normalized file

I have url string as follows and I need to parse the name value pair into fields /rows event_id date time payload 1329130951 20120214 22.30.40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating log file and sending mail?

Hi , I am trying to create shell script which will help me to compare file name in two folder. There is a multiple file store in 2 folder.I want to compare that with the name. If all the file are same then send a mail that "all date is same" if not then create one log file which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: san_dy123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk script parsing log file

Hello All, I am trying to parse a log file and i got this code from one of the good forum colleagues, However i realised later there is a problem with this awk script, being naive to awk world wanted to see if you guys can help me out. AWK script: awk '$1 ~ "^WRITER_" {p=1;next}... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
18 Replies
Config::Model::models::LCDd(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Config::Model::models::LCDd(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::models::LCDd - Configuration class LCDd VERSION
version 2.021 DESCRIPTION
Configuration classes used by Config::Model LCDd.conf -- configuration file for the LCDproc server daemon LCDd This file contains the configuration for the LCDd server. The format is ini-file-like. It is divided into sections that start at markers that look like [section]. Comments are all line-based comments, and are lines that start with ' The server has a 'central' section named [server]. For the menu there is a section called [menu]. Further each driver has a section which defines how the driver acts. The drivers are activated by specifying them in a driver= line in the server section, like: Driver=curses This tells LCDd to use the curses driver. The first driver that is loaded and is capable of output defines the size of the display. The default driver to use is curses. If the driver is specified using the -d <driver> command line option, the Driver= options in the config file are ignored. The drivers read their own options from the respective sections. Model information extracted from template /etc/LCDd.conf BUGS
This model does not support to load several drivers. Loading several drivers is probably a marginal case. Please complain to the author if this assumption is false Elements server Optional. Type node. menu Optional. Type node. bayrad Optional. Type warped_node. CFontz Optional. Type warped_node. CFontzPacket Optional. Type warped_node. curses Optional. Type warped_node. CwLnx Optional. Type warped_node. ea65 Optional. Type warped_node. EyeboxOne Optional. Type warped_node. g15 Optional. Type warped_node. glcd Optional. Type warped_node. glcdlib Optional. Type warped_node. glk Optional. Type warped_node. hd44780 Optional. Type warped_node. icp_a106 Optional. Type warped_node. IOWarrior Optional. Type warped_node. imon Optional. Type warped_node. imonlcd Optional. Type warped_node. IrMan Optional. Type warped_node. irtrans Optional. Type warped_node. joy Optional. Type warped_node. lb216 Optional. Type warped_node. lcdm001 Optional. Type warped_node. lcterm Optional. Type warped_node. lirc Optional. Type warped_node. lis Optional. Type warped_node. MD8800 Optional. Type warped_node. mdm166a Optional. Type warped_node. ms6931 Optional. Type warped_node. mtc_s16209x Optional. Type warped_node. MtxOrb Optional. Type warped_node. mx5000 Optional. Type warped_node. NoritakeVFD Optional. Type warped_node. picolcd Optional. Type warped_node. pyramid Optional. Type warped_node. sed1330 Optional. Type warped_node. sed1520 Optional. Type warped_node. serialPOS Optional. Type warped_node. serialVFD Optional. Type warped_node. shuttleVFD Optional. Type warped_node. stv5730 Optional. Type warped_node. SureElec Optional. Type warped_node. svga Optional. Type warped_node. text Optional. Type warped_node. t6963 Optional. Type warped_node. tyan Optional. Type warped_node. ula200 Optional. Type warped_node. sli Optional. Type warped_node. vlsys_m428 Optional. Type warped_node. xosd Optional. Type warped_node. SEE ALSO
o cme o Config::Model::models::LCDd::CFontz o Config::Model::models::LCDd::CFontzPacket o Config::Model::models::LCDd::CwLnx o Config::Model::models::LCDd::EyeboxOne o Config::Model::models::LCDd::IOWarrior o Config::Model::models::LCDd::IrMan o Config::Model::models::LCDd::MD8800 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::MtxOrb o Config::Model::models::LCDd::NoritakeVFD o Config::Model::models::LCDd::SureElec o Config::Model::models::LCDd::bayrad o Config::Model::models::LCDd::curses o Config::Model::models::LCDd::ea65 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::g15 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::glcd o Config::Model::models::LCDd::glcdlib o Config::Model::models::LCDd::glk o Config::Model::models::LCDd::hd44780 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::icp_a106 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::imon o Config::Model::models::LCDd::imonlcd o Config::Model::models::LCDd::irtrans o Config::Model::models::LCDd::joy o Config::Model::models::LCDd::lb216 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::lcdm001 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::lcterm o Config::Model::models::LCDd::lirc o Config::Model::models::LCDd::lis o Config::Model::models::LCDd::mdm166a o Config::Model::models::LCDd::menu o Config::Model::models::LCDd::ms6931 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::mtc_s16209x o Config::Model::models::LCDd::mx5000 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::picolcd o Config::Model::models::LCDd::pyramid o Config::Model::models::LCDd::sed1330 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::sed1520 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::serialPOS o Config::Model::models::LCDd::serialVFD o Config::Model::models::LCDd::server o Config::Model::models::LCDd::shuttleVFD o Config::Model::models::LCDd::sli o Config::Model::models::LCDd::stv5730 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::svga o Config::Model::models::LCDd::t6963 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::text o Config::Model::models::LCDd::tyan o Config::Model::models::LCDd::ula200 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::vlsys_m428 o Config::Model::models::LCDd::xosd COPYRIGHT
2011, Dominique Dumont 1999-2011, William Ferrell and others LICENSE
GPL-2 perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::models::LCDd(3pm)