Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop and read from different directories Post 303001920 by baris35 on Tuesday 15th of August 2017 03:27:44 PM
Old 08-15-2017
Hello,
I am sorry for my delayed return
I will test it tomorrow and keep you posted about the result

Thanks
Boris

---------- Post updated 08-15-17 at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous update was 08-14-17 at 07:07 PM ----------

Hello MadeInGermany,
This is what I wish to accomplish!

Here is the output:

Code:
root@localhost:/home/ubuntu# paste -d '\n' <( ls 1/ ) <( ls 2/ ) <( ls 3/ )
aa
xx
bb
yy
cc
zz

Thank you so much for your help!

Kind regards
Boris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop through all files and directories.

I'm trying to write a script that will loop through all files and directories down from a path I give it, and change the permissions and ACL. I was able to do the obvious way and change the files and folders on the same level as teh path...but I need it to continue on deeper into the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through directories to touch files

Hi, Please help me on this. Suppose i have the following directory structure. /app/data /app/data/eng /app/data/med /app/data/bsc each of the directories data,data/eng,data/med,data/bsc holds files with date extension like a.20081230 b.20081230 and so on I need a script to loop... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie: How to loop round sub-directories

I want a bit of shell script that will let me loop round all the sub-directories in a directory (i.e. ignoring any ordinary files in that directory). Let's say I just want to echo the names of the sub-directories. This sounds like it should be pretty easy - but not for me, it isn't! All help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhancock
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to move files in different directories

Hi, I have various log files in different paths. e.g. a/b/c/d/e/server.log a/b/c/d/f/server.log a/b/c/d/g/server.log a/b/c/h/e/server.log a/b/c/h/f/server.log a/b/c/h/g/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log and above these have an archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Range Create Directories

Hello, I am a bit stumped on this. I am attempting to create 24 empty directories with a loop. Seems like I have incorrect syntax. When I run the following command I get the error below. Command $ for i in {2..24}; do mkdir $i_MAY_2011 ; doneError x 24 mkdir: missing operand Try `mkdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read directories and file

Hi ; I want to write a shell script to read all files and directories(recursively) given in path along with their user permissions and store that result in one file as File path Userpermissions ===== =========== I m new to linux and my dont kno much abt shell scripting. I will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read statement within while read loop

hi, this is my script #!/bin/ksh cat temp_file.dat | while read line do read test if ]; then break else echo "ERROR" fi done when i execute this code , the script does wait for the user input . it directly prints "ERROR" and terminates after the no. of times as there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva1612
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing multiple directories in loop

Hi Guys, I need to access multiple directories whcih is following similar structure and need to copy those files in desitination path. for eg : if ] then cd ${DIR}/Mon/loaded echo "copying files to $GRS_DIR" cp * ${DIR}/Mon/ echo "Files of Monday are Copied" fi if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)