Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a log file and creating a report script Post 303001912 by Don Cragun on Monday 14th of August 2017 03:36:49 PM
Old 08-14-2017
Please only put sample input, sample output, and code segments in CODE tags; not everything in your post.

We look forward to seeing what code you currently have, the output it produces from your sample input, and a description of where you are stuck trying to get the output you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script for creating a log file

I have a schell script that runs continously on an AIX system. It is actually started from another shell script with the "ksh -x" command and then I just write the output to a log file. This causes the log files to be filled with mostly useless information. I would like to modify this script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for parsing 300mb log file..

am relatively new to Shell scripting. I have written a script for parsing a big file. The logic is: Apart from lot of other useless stuffs, there are many occurances of <abc> and corresponding </abc> tags. (All of them are properly closed) My requirement is to find a particular tag (say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script parsing a log file

I have a large log file, which I want to first use grep to get the specific lines then send it to awk to print out the specific column and if the result is zero, don't do anything. What I have so far is: LOGDIR=/usr/local/oracle/Transcription/log ERRDIR=/home/edixftp/errors #I want to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevasquez
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Parsing Log File

Working on a script that inputs an IP, parses and outputs to another file. A Sample of the log is as follows: I need the script to be able to input IP and print the data in an output file in the following format or something similar: Thanks for any help you can give me! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing with Name value pair and creating a normalized file

I have url string as follows and I need to parse the name value pair into fields /rows event_id date time payload 1329130951 20120214 22.30.40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating log file and sending mail?

Hi , I am trying to create shell script which will help me to compare file name in two folder. There is a multiple file store in 2 folder.I want to compare that with the name. If all the file are same then send a mail that "all date is same" if not then create one log file which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: san_dy123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk script parsing log file

Hello All, I am trying to parse a log file and i got this code from one of the good forum colleagues, However i realised later there is a problem with this awk script, being naive to awk world wanted to see if you guys can help me out. AWK script: awk '$1 ~ "^WRITER_" {p=1;next}... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
18 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)