Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X11 forwarding doesn't work
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat X11 forwarding doesn't work Post 303001909 by MadeInGermany on Monday 14th of August 2017 01:12:13 PM
Old 08-14-2017
Are you sitting at a Windows desktop?
If yes, did you install an X-server on it, like Xming or Cygwin/X or ...?
The (insecure) xhost-allow and manual DISPLAY setting should not be necessary if there is the (much safer) ssh X-forwarding enabled.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

ssh forwarding to X11

Hi, I have issues with running graphical interfaces on my computer being remotely logged into a network via the -X option of ssh. My .cshrc shows DISPLAY=hostname:0 and I think there should be a different number instead of the 0. I changed the ssh_config file already to 'X11 forwarding yes', which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginese
0 Replies

2. Debian

X11 Forwarding Problem

I have 2 Debian boxes. In my ssh.com client and my putty client, I have X11 fowarding turned on for both boxes. When I connect one, I can xterm with no problem back to my pc. On the other, I keep getting: xterm Xt error: Can't open display: xterm: DISPLAY is not set On both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding not working

Hi, I am using Putty, enabled SSH X11 forwarding and entered the X11 display location as "localhost:0". However I encountered the following error: ------------------------------------ # xclock & 2941 # X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). + Exit 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panggou
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH Already configured the following on both machines under /etc/ssh Under sshd_config: UsePAM no AllowTcpForwarding yes Under ssh_config: ForwardAgent yes ForwardX11 yes ForwardX11Trusted yes ----------------------------- Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panggou
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

'X11 forwarding' SSHD assigns already used port

Hi, We've been facing a strange issue. Clients use X11 forwarding via SSH on HP server and sometimes the same DISPLAY is assigned to two (maybe more) sessions. As a result, some users can't open their applications, and some have their windows redirected to somebody else. It looks as if sshd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding does not work after networking change

Hi all I'm having an issue with X11 Forwarding I have a VM set up on my computer which I usually "ssh -X" to over a home network (192.168.1.*). Client 192.168.1.100 Server 192.168.1.103 This worked perfectly fine for X11 forwarding. However I am not at home now (and have no access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with X11 Forwarding

Hello. I installed a Debian box, and its installed remotely. I need to boot up iceweasel from there to do a quick test. I log on using: ssh root@<IP> -X I have modified the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, and added the X11Forwarding yes flag And yet I still get: Error: cannot open... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynelight
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

X11 forwarding through a tunnel

Is it possible to launch an X11 application and have it use an X11 server on the other side of a bastion host? Specifically, here's my setup: my laptop ------------- bastion -------------- remote host I have putty installed on my laptop. The bastion is rhel 6.5 and the remote host is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Force SSH session without/disabling X11 forwarding.

I would like to disable X11 session forcefully. I have tried the following things: 1. Setting appropriate DISPLAY variable in the /etc/environment file to be "0.0" 2. I have tried setting the sshd_config parameter X11Forwarding to be "no" This session communication is happening by exchanging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsayer1977
2 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)