Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get PID Number from “ps aux --sort -rss ” Post 303001902 by RudiC on Monday 14th of August 2017 08:21:15 AM
Old 08-14-2017
Did you consider ps' OUTPUT FORMAT CONTROL with the -o pid STANDARD FORMAT SPECIFIER? It doesn't bear with the u option, though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

restrain the number of digits of a PID

How is it possible under UNIX to restrain the number of digits of the PID number? For instance, we have a product that generates a PID of 7 digits, and we would like to have only 6 digits maximum instead for the PID. Thank you for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlefebvr
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

3. AIX

pid number creation rules on aix

Hello, On a AIX 5.3.5.0 server, we have PID exceeding 999999. This cause some troubles in our programms. I would like to know the process creation rules on aix : - what is the maximum pid number ? - what is the wrap limit on aix, and where to find it, how to configure pid wrap limit ? -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pid from port number in AIX

Hello guys, How to shut down a port number in AIX. May be first I need to find out what is the process ID of that process that listens to this particular port.. Is there any command to find a process ID from the port number other than "lsof". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the nice(ni) number with PID?

Hi, is there a command that takes the PID of a process and that only diplays it's ni number? I`m pretty sure it would require pipes but I tried a few things that ended up miserably... Since the ps command doesn't show the ni unless I do ps -o ni but then I can't find a way to search the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yakuzan
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

What is a PID number?

What is a PID number? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariangel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I sort by n number is like words?

I want to sort a file with a list of words, in order of most occuring words to least occurring words as well as alphabetically. ex: file1: cat 3 cat 7 cat 1 dog 3 dog 5 dog 9 dog 1 ape 4 ape 2 I want the outcome to be: file1.sorted: dog 1 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort word followed by exponential number and numeric number at the same time

Input file: ID_34 2E-69 2324 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_5 0E0 436 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_3 65E-20 45467 ID_1 0E0 6578 ... Desired output file: ID_1 0E0 6578 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_3 65E-20 45467 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
5 Replies

9. Solaris

RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS

Hi, When I sum the RSS number in the ps command for a specific user and compare it with the RSS values of the prstat command of the same user - there is a big difference. Server details: Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC prstat output: NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
2 Replies

10. AIX

UNIX ksh - To print the PID number and repeat count

This question is asked in an interview today that I have to return output with each PID number and the count of each PID number logged today. Here is the script that I have written. Can you confirm if that would work or not. The interviewer didn't said if my answer is correct or not. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subodh Kumar
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)