Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Programming guidelines and style Post 303001740 by API on Thursday 10th of August 2017 08:45:55 AM
Old 08-10-2017
Hi drl,

thanks for your explanations... Smilie

Shell programming is only for small Problems, for further things I would also take Python... but sometimes it is more comfortable to do some things with the os-shell than to write a Python-Script - sometimes I Need it in an Environment where a lot of People only have know-how it Shell Scripting. Therfor its not possible to take another language...

And my question Targets to the Point, if there is - for UNIX-Shell-Scripting - something like the PEPs in Python?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Guidelines For Posting Here

This area is not for technical questions. It is reserved for unregistered users who have a question or registered users who have trouble with their account. Other posts will be deleted by the moderators. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Guidelines for Posting Here

This area is not for forum specific technical questions. Please post forum specific technical questions in the best forum, not in the lounge. However, if your idea or question is not covered clearly in a forum, please post it here. Discuss whatever is on your mind. Technical topics welcome... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting Guidelines

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have developed shell scripting guidelines for writing unix shell scripts effectively. This includes naming standards, comments, indentation, error handing after unix comands, use of exported variables, sending notifications, functions, logging etc... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
2 Replies

4. Programming

Building Block style programming Book

Hello to all, Here is my situation. Some time in the mid-80's I stumbled across a small white programming book - can't remember the name but it was unique in that it started right out giving instructions on creating building blocks in code as a foundation for a complete system. The book was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jozefn
2 Replies
PY3COMPILE(1)                                                                                                                        PY3COMPILE(1)

NAME
py3compile - byte compile Python 3 source files SYNOPSIS
py3compile [-V [X.Y][-][A.B]] DIR_OR_FILE [-X REGEXPR] pycompile -p PACKAGE DESCRIPTION
Wrapper around Python standard library's py_compile module to byte-compile Python 3 files. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -f, --force force rebuild of byte-code files even if timestamps are up-to-date -O byte-compile to .pyo files -q, --quiet be quiet -v, --verbose turn verbose mode on -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE specify Debian package name whose files should be bytecompiled -V VRANGE force private modules to be bytecompiled with Python 3 version from given range, regardless of the default Python 3 version in the system. If there are no other options, bytecompile all public modules for installed Python 3 versions that match given range. VER- SION_RANGE examples: o 3.1 version 3.1 only, o 3.1- version 3.1 or newer, o 3.1-3.3 version 3.1 or 3.2, o -4.0 all supported 3.X versions -X REGEXPR, --exclude=REGEXPR exclude items that match given REGEXPR. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude AUTHOR
Piotr Oarowski, 2012-2013 PY3COMPILE(1)