Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Get the remote server file size in UNIX Post 303001733 by RudiC on Thursday 10th of August 2017 05:27:04 AM
Old 08-10-2017
Why do you need to compare file sizes? I'd be surprised if sftd didn't reflect a failure in its exit code.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a file from REMOTE Unix Server

Hi All, I have a requirement where i need to remove a file from Remote system. Can any one suggest me how to do this? My requirement is, i need to archive the file in a separate system. If the remore system is having files older than 7 years, then i need to delete that files from the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - Get size of file on remote server

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to do SFTP connection to remote server, get the size of the file on remote server and depending on the size, i need to get the file onto local server. Is there any command in SFTP to get the size of the file. I found one in FTP but not in SFTP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving file size in a remote server using SSH

Hi, I have public and private keys and that's works fine for me. now I am sending files one by one on remote server and I want to check is file successfully delivered or not by comparing size of file on local machine and remote server using ‘stat -c%s'. Below operations need to be done on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
ZOS-REMOTE.CONF(5)					  System Administration Utilities					ZOS-REMOTE.CONF(5)

NAME
zos-remote.conf - the audisp-racf plugin configuration file DESCRIPTION
zos-remote.conf controls the configuration for the audispd-zos-remote(8) Audit dispatcher plugin. The default location for this file is /etc/audisp/zos-remote.conf, however, a different file can be specified as the first argument to the audispd-zos-remote plugin. See aud- ispd-zos-remote(8) and auditd(8). The options available are as follows: server This is the IBM z/OS ITDS server hostname or IP address port The port number where ITDS is running on the z/OS server. Default is 389 (ldap port) user The z/OS RACF user ID which the audispd-zos-remote plugin will use to perform Remote Audit requests. This user needs READ access to FACILITY Class resource IRR.LDAP.REMOTE.AUDIT (See audispd-zos-remote(8)). password The password associated the the z/OS user ID configured above. timeout The number in seconds that audispd-zos-remote plugin will wait before giving up in connection attempts and event submissions. The default value is 15 q_depth The audispd-zos-remote plugin will queue inputed events to the maximum of q_depth events while trying to submit those remotely. This can handle burst of events or in case of a slow network connection. However, the audispd-zos-remote plugin will drop events in case the queue is full. The default queue depth is 64 - Increase this value in case you are experiencing event drop due to full queue (audispd-zos-remote will log this to syslog). SEE ALSO
audispd-zos-remote(8) AUTHOR
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klausk@br.ibm.com> IBM
Oct 2007 ZOS-REMOTE.CONF(5)