Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVN main directory sync
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SVN main directory sync Post 303001729 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 10th of August 2017 03:42:12 AM
Old 08-10-2017
I think you need to regularly run a svn update on the web server.
Setup a cron job to do that automatically.
If you have set a password it becomes difficult: you need ugly tools like expect. The modern way is to use credentials, this is common practice with a git repository. Does the svn repository work with credentials?

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 08-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: fixed typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

svn diff failed (no such file or directory)

I'm on ubuntu fiesty using svn as version control and gvim as my IDE. i like to review changes to files before checking them in. at some point in my life i used " svn diff {path}/{filename} " this now returns Index: {path}/{file}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manic
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 SVN

Can anybody provide me with useful links how to install SVN on AIX 6.1? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with server/directory sync

Hi guys, can you help. I have looked all over the site and can not find the info I'm after. Perhaps I am missing something very obvious. I want to syncronise between 2 servers, I can not use NFS mount/share. So I have been looking at scp, rsync, rdist. Thing is, I want only the newer files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boloic
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

svn keyrings

Hello, I have a svn account and can use it easly trought Web browser inserting username and passwd. But I get problems when I wanna do the same via shell, here the output that I get: svn --username myusername co https://address/repo/ . Password for '(null)' GNOME keyring: svn: OPTIONS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

svn check out

If I am transfering a folder from svn location to my unix server with below command, it is working – svn co svn+ssh://bcvxsvxxnp01.corp.ocwen.com/svn/repos/repos/REALResolution/CalcEngine/CalcEngine\ QA/1852011_CalcEngine_v5.1 But when I do below thing – ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync directory

Hi, I have directory name as TEST on server1 and same directory TEST on server2 now i need to using these directories as new directories and files will be generated by application in TEST directory daily. I dont have rsync package on server. My approach is by lists all sub-directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving svn log in a separate directory

Hi Folks, I have a directory at /usr/local/aa and there is other directory where I have checkout the code through svn checkout command ( /opt/app/fgh) now I can apply svn log command here as shown below $ cd /opt/app/fgh svn checkout <url> svn log shows me the log on console . please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
SVN::Dump::Headers(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     SVN::Dump::Headers(3)

NAME
SVN::Dump::Headers - Headers of a SVN dump record SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
An "SVN::Dump::Headers" object represents the headers of a SVN dump record. METHODS
"SVN::Dump::Headers" provides the following methods: new( [$hashref] ) Create and return a new empty "SVN::Dump::Headers" object. If $hashref is given (it can be a blessed hash reference), the keys from the hash are used to initialise the headers. set($h, $v) Set the $h header to the value $v. "_" can be used as a replacement for "-" in the header name. get($h) Get the value of header $h. "_" can be used as a replacement for "-" in the header name. keys() Return the list of headers, in canonical order. as_string() Return a string that represents the record headers. type() It is possible to guess the record type from its headers. This method returns a string that represents the record type. The string is one of "revision", "node", "uuid" or "format". The method dies if it can't determine the record type. ENCAPSULATION
When using "SVN::Dump" to manipulate a SVN dump, one should not directly access the "SVN::Dump::Headers" component of a "SVN::Dump::Record", but use the "set_header()" and "get_header()" methods of the record object. SEE ALSO
"SVN::Dump::Record". COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-06-12 SVN::Dump::Headers(3)