Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting Post 303001696 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 9th of August 2017 12:44:38 PM
Old 08-09-2017
Code:
awk '
NR==FNR {col[NR]=$0; cc=NR; cols[NR]=length($0); a[$0]=$0; next}
NR!=FNR && ! c++ {
   printf ("%-12s|%-12s", "VAN-ID", "VLAN-NAME");
   for (i=1 ; i<=NR; i++) {
      colw[i]=length(col[i]);
      printf ("%s%s", ((i<NR) ? "|" : "\n"), col[i]);
   }
}
{
   sub("^[ \"]*", "", $2);
   sub("[ \"]*$", "", $2);
   if ($2) {
      for (i in aa) delete aa[i];
      for (i in dd) delete dd[i];
      for (i=3; i<=NF; i++) if ($i in a) {aa[$i]=" * "}
      for (i=1; i<=cc; i++) {if (col[i] in aa) {dd[i]=" * "}}
      printf ("%12s|%-12s|"), $1, $2;
      for (i=1; i<=cc; i++) printf("%*s%s", cols[i], dd[i], ((i<cc) ? "|" : "\n"));
   }
}
' file-1 FS=, file-2

Last edited by rdrtx1; 08-09-2017 at 03:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays

I have a file that's logically in the form of a multidimensional array with an unknown number of records in the file. The file looks like this: name1 data1 name2 data2 name3 data3 ... nameN dataN How do I load this file into an array for processing, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

6. Programming

C programming working with multidimensional array

Hi, I have the following variable declaration which looks like a 3d array or N matrixs KxK of floats float (*table); I have to pass to a function only the first table. How can I do it?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays using awk

i'm trying to use awk to count a listing similar to the following and get a report of the listing similar to the one below it. y,pizza n,pizza y,pizza y,pizza n,tomato n,tomato y,cheese y,cheese n,cheese report ---- pizza,3,1 tomato,0,2 cheese,2,1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: multimulti
1 Replies

8. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional arrays

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....multidimensional arrays in shell scripts is possible??? If so, can anyone guide me with an example.....and also can anyone tell me, how we can create a table like ouput format in shell script....the output should look like this one: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 5 4 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)