Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting Post 303001691 by Corona688 on Wednesday 9th of August 2017 12:15:14 PM
Old 08-09-2017
I'm sure you can do what you want in awk. But I don't understand precisely what you want since file-1 doesn't appear to contribute anything to your output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays

I have a file that's logically in the form of a multidimensional array with an unknown number of records in the file. The file looks like this: name1 data1 name2 data2 name3 data3 ... nameN dataN How do I load this file into an array for processing, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

6. Programming

C programming working with multidimensional array

Hi, I have the following variable declaration which looks like a 3d array or N matrixs KxK of floats float (*table); I have to pass to a function only the first table. How can I do it?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays using awk

i'm trying to use awk to count a listing similar to the following and get a report of the listing similar to the one below it. y,pizza n,pizza y,pizza y,pizza n,tomato n,tomato y,cheese y,cheese n,cheese report ---- pizza,3,1 tomato,0,2 cheese,2,1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: multimulti
1 Replies

8. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional arrays

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....multidimensional arrays in shell scripts is possible??? If so, can anyone guide me with an example.....and also can anyone tell me, how we can create a table like ouput format in shell script....the output should look like this one: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 5 4 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
FSF-FUNDING(7)								GNU							    FSF-FUNDING(7)

NAME
fsf-funding - Funding Free Software DESCRIPTION
Funding Free Software If you want to have more free software a few years from now, it makes sense for you to help encourage people to contribute funds for its development. The most effective approach known is to encourage commercial redistributors to donate. Users of free software systems can boost the pace of development by encouraging for-a-fee distributors to donate part of their selling price to free software developers---the Free Software Foundation, and others. The way to convince distributors to do this is to demand it and expect it from them. So when you compare distributors, judge them partly by how much they give to free software development. Show distributors they must compete to be the one who gives the most. To make this approach work, you must insist on numbers that you can compare, such as, ``We will donate ten dollars to the Frobnitz project for each disk sold.'' Don't be satisfied with a vague promise, such as ``A portion of the profits are donated,'' since it doesn't give a basis for comparison. Even a precise fraction ``of the profits from this disk'' is not very meaningful, since creative accounting and unrelated business decisions can greatly alter what fraction of the sales price counts as profit. If the price you pay is $50, ten percent of the profit is probably less than a dollar; it might be a few cents, or nothing at all. Some redistributors do development work themselves. This is useful too; but to keep everyone honest, you need to inquire how much they do, and what kind. Some kinds of development make much more long-term difference than others. For example, maintaining a separate version of a program contributes very little; maintaining the standard version of a program for the whole community contributes much. Easy new ports contribute little, since someone else would surely do them; difficult ports such as adding a new CPU to the GNU Compiler Collection contribute more; major new features or packages contribute the most. By establishing the idea that supporting further development is ``the proper thing to do'' when distributing free software for a fee, we can assure a steady flow of resources into making more free software. SEE ALSO
gpl(7), gfdl(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Verbatim copying and redistribution of this section is permitted without royalty; alteration is not permitted. gcc-4.0.1 2009-05-18 FSF-FUNDING(7)