Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting Post 303001688 by SULTAN01 on Wednesday 9th of August 2017 11:52:12 AM
Old 08-09-2017
Thank you RudiC

i m full in networking i work so much with CISCO and Juniper so i m new doing automation with Linux i try first to get all the information now i would like some help to manipulate the information with shell script

for the VLAN 3 we have like 4057 VLANS that mean ( 4057 Line ) so the same for as VLAN 1 and VLAN 2 VLAN 3 ..... VLAN 4057

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays

I have a file that's logically in the form of a multidimensional array with an unknown number of records in the file. The file looks like this: name1 data1 name2 data2 name3 data3 ... nameN dataN How do I load this file into an array for processing, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

6. Programming

C programming working with multidimensional array

Hi, I have the following variable declaration which looks like a 3d array or N matrixs KxK of floats float (*table); I have to pass to a function only the first table. How can I do it?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays using awk

i'm trying to use awk to count a listing similar to the following and get a report of the listing similar to the one below it. y,pizza n,pizza y,pizza y,pizza n,tomato n,tomato y,cheese y,cheese n,cheese report ---- pizza,3,1 tomato,0,2 cheese,2,1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: multimulti
1 Replies

8. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional arrays

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....multidimensional arrays in shell scripts is possible??? If so, can anyone guide me with an example.....and also can anyone tell me, how we can create a table like ouput format in shell script....the output should look like this one: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 5 4 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
FIPVLAN(8)							  Open-FCoE Tools							FIPVLAN(8)

NAME
fipvlan - Fibre Channel over Ethernet VLAN Discovery SYNOPSIS
fipvlan [-c|--create] [-s|--start] [-m|--mode fabric|vn2vn] interfaces fipvlan -a|--auto [-c|--create] [-d|--debug] [-s|--start] [-m|--mode fabric|vn2vn] [-l|--link-retry count] fipvlan -h|--help fipvlan -v|--version DESCRIPTION
The fipvlan command performs Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Initialization Protocol (FIP) VLAN Discovery over Ethernet interfaces. fipvlan can be used as a diagnostic tool to determine which VLANs have FCoE services available on a network, prior to configuring VLAN interfaces and the Open-FCoE initiator. fipvlan can also be used to create VLAN interfaces as they are discovered, and to start the Open-FCoE initiator. The --create and --start options are primarily intended to be used as part of an Open-FCoE boot solution. FCoE instances started in this way cannot be destroyed or reset by fcoeadm. fipvlan takes a list of network interface names to run the VLAN discovery protocol over, or the --auto option to use all available Ethernet interfaces. fipvlan will enable any interface which is found disabled. If no response is received on that interface it will be shutdown again when fipvlan terminates. OPTIONS
-a, --auto Use all Ethernet interfaces currently available -c, --create Create network interfaces for discovered FCoE VLANs. If a VLAN device already exists for a discovered VLAN, a new VLAN device will not be created. -d, --debug Enable debugging output -s, --start Start the Open-FCoE initiator on discovered FCoE VLANs -m, --mode fabric|vn2vn Specify whether VLAN discovery is performed in the default fabric mode, or in VN2VN mode. -f, --suffix suffix Append the specified string suffix to VLAN interface names. -l, --link-retry count Retry check for link up to count times. The link state is checked every 500 ms. The default number of retries is 20. -h, --help Display a help message with basic usage instructions -v, --version Display the fipvlan version string VLAN NAMING CONVENTIONS
If a new VLAN device is created, it will have the name dev.vlan; where dev is the name of the Ethernet parent device and vlan is the discovered VLAN ID number. An optional suffix may be appended to this with the the -f command line option. EXAMPLES
Display all discoverable VLANs with FCoE services fipvlan --auto Discover FCoE VLANs on interface eth2, create VLAN devices and start the Open-FCoE initiator fipvlan --create --start eth2 In this example if FCoE services were available on VLAN 101 of network interface eth2, then a VLAN interface eth2.101 would be created and used as the parent device for the initiator. SEE ALSO
fcoeadm(8) fcoemon(8) SUPPORT
fipvlan is part of the fcoe-utils package, maintained through the Open-FCoE project. Resources for both developers and users can be found at the Open-FCoE website http://open-fcoe.org/ Open-FCoE 03/18/2013 FIPVLAN(8)