Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using kSar for short sar reports , failed to parse Post 303001586 by rdrtx1 on Monday 7th of August 2017 04:50:00 PM
Old 08-07-2017
maybe:
Code:
sar -P ALL 2 > test.all.txt

but there is no need to run sar in a loop again and again with this script. It will just keep clobbering the output file. The loop will be to read the output file.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 08-07-2017 at 05:55 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a script to have monthly sar reports

Hi I am still learning shell scripting, so for complex stuff, I need help. I would like to have a script that produces sar monthly reports, so that I can produce a graph from it! The idea is to use /var/adm/sa/<dir of sa files>Looking to hear from you. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
sadc(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   sadc(8)

NAME
sadc -- system activity data collector SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [-m mode] [t n] [ofile] DESCRIPTION
The sadc tool is used to collect cumulative system activity data. The sample system data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to ofile if specified. Otherwise, the binary data is written to stdout. If the ofile file does not exist, it is created, otherwise it is truncated. sadc is intended to be used as the engine behind the sar(1) command, and is not typically invoked on the command line. Two shell scripts, sa1 and sa2, are provided to drive the typical sampling, saving, and reporting process. OPTIONS
The following options modify the way data is collected by sadc. -m mode Modify the collection of system statistics as specified by mode. Currently only one mode is supported. PPP By default, the collection of ppp network interface statistics is turned off. This is because the number of ppp connec- tions can be very high, causing the raw data file to grow unexpectedly large, especially when samples are collected at short intervals. Use the PPP mode to turn the collection back on. EXAMPLES
/usr/lib/sa/sadc 15 20 /tmp/sample.out This call collects 20 samples at 15 second intervals. The binary data is written to the /tmp/sample.out file FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. /usr/lib/sa/sa1 Shell script used to drive the sar data collection. /usr/lib/sa/sa2 Shell script used to drive the sar data reporting. SEE ALSO
fs_usage(1), netstat(1), sar(1), sc_usage(1), top(1), vm_stat(1), iostat(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X