Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling ghostscript v 9.21
Top Forums Programming Compiling ghostscript v 9.21 Post 303001502 by hicksd8 on Saturday 5th of August 2017 05:18:27 AM
Old 08-05-2017
Hmmmmm.......well jgt, with your enormous contribution to this forum you would have already tried the obvious so this is probably just 'second opinion' rather than a solution.

Octal 174 is the pipe '|' character in most ascii sets, hex 7C, dec 124.

Try using a suitable (hex) editor to find any instances of 7C in the file and whether it finds one on line 277.

Make a backup copy of the file and then delete line 277 and retype it in manually to ensure any hidden/unprintable characters are removed. Do you get the same error? If a hidden character has been removed I would at least expect a different error even if it still doesn't work.

Any make/compiler that reports wrong line numbers by omitting comment lines is about as much use as a chocolate teapot so my opinion is that the error line number would be correct (unless it's inserting some other source file and including the line count in that).

If you look at the code (you didn't post the whole file) do you reckon that the '-' after the '=' is correct? I guess that it's just creating a switch option on a command line.

Last edited by hicksd8; 08-05-2017 at 06:24 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl and ghostscript

Hi all I am using HPUX11.0 i want to install perl 5.6.0 and ghostscript 5.03.. can anyone help me to get it download from any free ftp or http link... i searched perl.com and ghostscript.com but in vain.... the procuct are to be installed with the above mentioned version... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript Question

I need to know how to convert 132 columns text file to Postcript by using ghostscript. What I want to do is to fax a 132 columns report (text file) with efax and I was told to use ghostscript to change the type and szie of font so the lines will not wrap. Thanks ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falcon2460
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Ghostscript Errpr

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I hope there's someone who can help me with this error when running ghostscript/gs: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code) from gs Abort(coredump) I've managed to install Ghostscript 8.56 including all dependencies successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgail
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript

I am trying to use Ghostscript oin AIX to print pdf's and it seems I have downloaded it and all dependencys fine - install went fine, when I type any gs commnad except gs -h it just hangs..Here is what it says before the hang: GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13) Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript on SCO 5.0.7

I am attempting to update to ghostscript version 8.54 on my SCO 5.0.7 box. When I run ./configure, I get the following error configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH Could someone please help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kberger82
0 Replies
uuencode(5)							File Formats Manual						       uuencode(5)

Name
       uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file

Description
       Files  output by consist of a header line, followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line.  The command ignores any lines preceding
       the header or following the trailer.  Lines preceding a header must not, of course, look like a header.

The header line is distinguished by having the first six characters by the word ``begin'', followed by a space.	The next item on the  line
       is a mode (in octal) and a string which names the remote file.  A space separates the three items in the header line.

The  body  consists  of	a  number of lines, each at most 62 characters long including the trailing new line.  These consist of a character
       count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a new line.  The character count is a single printing character and represents an  inte-
       ger, the number of bytes the rest of the line represents.  Such integers are always in the range from 0 to 63 and can be determined by sub-
       tracting the character space (octal 40) from the character.

Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, with 6 bits per character.  All are offset by a space to make the characters print.  The last
       line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes.  If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on
       the last line.  Extra dummy characters are included to make the character count a multiple of 4.  The body is terminated by a line  with  a
       count of zero.  This line consists of one ASCII space.

The trailer line consists of "end" on a line by itself.

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uudecode(1c), uuencode(1c), uusend(1c)

uuencode(5)