Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux From Scratch Permission Error when installing Binutils-2.27 Package Post 303001487 by LinuxPie42 on Friday 4th of August 2017 01:29:25 PM
Old 08-04-2017
In answer to your question hicksd8, these are the respective versions for each of your questions:

version of LFS: 8.0

Guest Linux Version: 4.10.0 (on Kubuntu 17.04)

Cross GCC version: 6.3.0

Binutils Step: Pass 1

As for what my purpose is for the Operating System, I was originally planning for it to be an O.S. used by Chemists and other Scientists.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux From Scratch

LFS (Linux From Scrath) it's tools for make own distribution. U know how create own distribution ?? thanks cYa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kezzol
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch, everything to do

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network Edit/Delete Message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies
Package::Constants(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Package::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Package::Constants - List all constants declared in a package SYNOPSIS
use Package::Constants; ### list the names of all constants in a given package; @const = Package::Constants->list( __PACKAGE__ ); @const = Package::Constants->list( 'main' ); ### enable debugging output $Package::Constants::DEBUG = 1; DESCRIPTION
"Package::Constants" lists all the constants defined in a certain package. This can be useful for, among others, setting up an autogenerated "@EXPORT/@EXPORT_OK" for a Constants.pm file. CLASS METHODS
@const = Package::Constants->list( PACKAGE_NAME ); Lists the names of all the constants defined in the provided package. GLOBAL VARIABLES
$Package::Constants::DEBUG When set to true, prints out debug information to STDERR about the package it is inspecting. Helps to identify issues when the results are not as you expect. Defaults to false. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-package-constants@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-26 Package::Constants(3pm)