Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux From Scratch Permission Error when installing Binutils-2.27 Package Post 303001487 by LinuxPie42 on Friday 4th of August 2017 01:29:25 PM
Old 08-04-2017
In answer to your question hicksd8, these are the respective versions for each of your questions:

version of LFS: 8.0

Guest Linux Version: 4.10.0 (on Kubuntu 17.04)

Cross GCC version: 6.3.0

Binutils Step: Pass 1

As for what my purpose is for the Operating System, I was originally planning for it to be an O.S. used by Chemists and other Scientists.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux From Scratch

LFS (Linux From Scrath) it's tools for make own distribution. U know how create own distribution ?? thanks cYa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kezzol
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch, everything to do

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network Edit/Delete Message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)