Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to extend file system
Operating Systems AIX Unable to extend file system Post 303001461 by dn888 on Friday 4th of August 2017 02:31:21 AM
Old 08-04-2017
Unable to extend file system

Hi,

I have inherited this AIX 5.3 host. I'm unable to increase the /usr file system. It gives me this error.

What needs to be done to remove this error?

Code:
vios:/home/padmin$ chfs -a size=+128M /usr
0516-304 lquerypv: Unable to find device id 0002ef4df616f9690000000000000000 in the Device
        Configuration Database.
0516-788 extendlv: Unable to extend logical volume.
vios:/home/padmin$
vios:/home/padmin$ lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME             TYPE       LPs   PPs   PVs  LV STATE      MOUNT POINT
hd5                 boot       1     2     2    closed/syncd  N/A
hd6                 paging     4     8     2    open/syncd    N/A
paging00            paging     8     16    2    open/syncd    N/A
hd8                 jfs2log    1     2     2    open/syncd    N/A
hd4                 jfs2       2     4     2    open/syncd    /
hd2                 jfs2       13    26    2    open/syncd    /usr
hd9var              jfs2       5     10    2    open/syncd    /var
hd3                 jfs2       9     18    2    open/syncd    /tmp
hd1                 jfs2       31    62    2    open/syncd    /home
hd10opt             jfs2       2     4     2    open/syncd    /opt
lg_dumplv           jfs        8     16    2    closed/stale  N/A
fwdump              jfs2       1     2     2    open/syncd    /var/adm/ras/platform
dumplv              sysdump    7     7     1    open/syncd    N/A
vios:/home/padmin$ lspv
hdisk0          0002ef4d0206744e                    rootvg          active
hdisk2          0002ef4df6770012                    clientpool      active
hdisk4          0002ef4d25f0f1d8                    nfsvg           active
hdisk3          0002ef4d02a2110a                    rootvg          active

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 08-04-2017 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can not extend a JFS file system

Hi, I am getting an error message when i try to increase the size of a filesystems under AIX 4.3.3: chfs: 0506-932 Can not extend a JFS file system with nbpi = 4096 and frag = 4096 past 134217728 (512 byte blocks). -> Characteristics Journaled File System ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Can
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to clean up file system

Hi, Has anyone ever encountered the following scenario: I am working on a SUN server with solaris 10 installed and veritas managing the filesystem. One of the file systems has become full: df -kh /ossrc/dbdumps Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeidel
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable To Extend the Size of a Logical Volume File System

Background: # uname -a HP-UX deedee B.11.23 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license deedee.rsn.hp.com:/ # bdf /opt Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol6 6553600 6394216 158144 98% /opt /opt is almost full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris file system unable to use available space

Hi, The solaris filesystem /u01 shows available space as 100GB, and used space as 6 GB. The Problem is when iam trying to install some software or copy some files in this file system /u01 Iam unable to copy or install in this file system due to lack of space. ofcourse the software... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: iris1
31 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to extend volume group(VG)

Would some help me on this below I am trying to extend file system on AIX and however unable to extend the file system. 0516-306 extendvg: Unable to find physical volume 20 in the Device Configuration Database. 0516-321 extendvg: Physical volume u01-lv is not configured. 0516-792... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
15 Replies

8. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to create file system (newfs)

Hi I have the following cenario: I have requested a LUN from the NetApp to create a file system, and the netapp admin provide me with one as you can see below, but after following all the steps, I could not create a file system on the device: # format Searching for disks...done ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to extend LV

Hi all. I have a Logical volume that I can't extend, with this error message: server171:root:/root# lvextend -L +1024M -v /dev/aplic_vg/siteminderwa_lv Finding volume group aplic_vg Archiving volume group "aplic_vg" metadata (seqno 75). Extending logical volume siteminderwa_lv to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
0 Replies
CLOSE(7)							   SQL Commands 							  CLOSE(7)

NAME
CLOSE - close a cursor SYNOPSIS
CLOSE { name | ALL } DESCRIPTION
CLOSE frees the resources associated with an open cursor. After the cursor is closed, no subsequent operations are allowed on it. A cursor should be closed when it is no longer needed. Every non-holdable open cursor is implicitly closed when a transaction is terminated by COMMIT or ROLLBACK. A holdable cursor is implicitly closed if the transaction that created it aborts via ROLLBACK. If the creating transaction successfully commits, the holdable cursor remains open until an explicit CLOSE is executed, or the client disconnects. PARAMETERS
name The name of an open cursor to close. ALL Close all open cursors. NOTES
PostgreSQL does not have an explicit OPEN cursor statement; a cursor is considered open when it is declared. Use the DECLARE [declare(7)] statement to declare a cursor. You can see all available cursors by querying the pg_cursors system view. If a cursor is closed after a savepoint which is later rolled back, the CLOSE is not rolled back; that is, the cursor remains closed. EXAMPLES
Close the cursor liahona: CLOSE liahona; COMPATIBILITY
CLOSE is fully conforming with the SQL standard. CLOSE ALL is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)], MOVE [move(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CLOSE(7)