Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed's hold-space to filter file contents Post 303001395 by ctac_ on Wednesday 2nd of August 2017 05:57:03 PM
Old 08-02-2017
Hi,
Your awk script is'nt ok here.
I must change the first line.
Code:
/^#[0-9][0-9]*$/ {
uname -a
Linux debian-linux 4.11.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.11.6-1 (2017-06-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
awk -Wv
mawk 1.3.3 Nov 1996, Copyright (C) Michael D. Brennan
compiled limits:
max NF             32767
sprintf buffer      2040

You can try that with sed, I think it's ok.
Code:
sed -n '/^#[0-9]\{10\}$/{:A;/\(ls *$\)\|\(\ncat \)\|\(\nman \)/b;$p;N;/\n#[0-9]\{10\}$/!bA;h;s/\(^.*\)\(\n.*$\)/\1/;p;x;s/.*\n//;bA}' lefile

cat & man with space (ie cat lefile or man tr)
It's more hard with ls.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter parts of a big file using awk or sed script

I need an assistance in file generation using awk, sed or anything... I have a big file that i need to filter desired parts only. The objective is to select (and print) the report # having the string "apple" on 2 consecutive lines in every report. Please note that the "apple" line has a HEX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

injecting new line in sed substitution (hold space)

Morning, people! I'd like to call upon your expertise again, this time for a sed endeavor. I've already searched around the forums, didn't find anything that helped yet. background: Solaris 9.x, it's a closed system and there are restrictions to what is portable to it. So let's assume I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out all the records which are having space in the 8th filed of my file

I have a file which is having fileds separtaed by delimiter. Ex: C;4498;qwa;cghy;;;;40;;222122 C;4498;sample;city;;;;34 2;;222123 C;4498;qwe;xcbv;;;;34-2;;222124 C;4498;jj;sffz;;;;41;;222120 C;4498;eert;qwq;;;;34 A;;222125 C;4498;jj;szxzzd;;;;34;;222127 out of these records I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern and hold space issues

Good day. Trying to make a sed script to take text file in a certain format and turn it into mostly formatted html. I'm 95% there but this last bit is hurting my head finally. Here's a portion of the text- Budgeting and Debt: Consumer Credit Counseling of Western PA CareerLink 112... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiendracer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: hold buffer question

I've been using sed to help with reformatting some html content into latex slides using the beamer class. Since I'm new to sed, I've been reading a lot about it but I'm stuck on this one problem. I have text that looks like this: ******************* line of text that needs to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrei
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter date and time form a file using sed command

I want to filter out the date and time from this line in a file. How to do this using sed command. on Tue Apr 19 00:48:29 2011 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hold, Replace and Print with sed

Hi, I'm a newbie with scripting so I'd appreciate any help. I have a file import.txt with below text AA_IDNo=IDNoHere AA_Name=NameHere AA_Address=AddressHere AA_Telephone=TelephoneHere AA_Sex=SexHere AA_Birthday=BirthdayHere What I need is that the Lines for Name, Address and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heretolearn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hold buffer in sed

Hi Experts, i have a file like below **** table name is xyz row count for previous day 10 row count for today 20 diff between previous and today 10 scan result PASSED **** table name is abc row count for previous day 90 row count for today 35 diff between previous and today 55... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Hold script until all contents of a file is written

I have to hit a very large database to pull fields of information. I have a script that runs multiple instance of the same query against the data base and writes contents to a file. The script terminates before the file is completely written to confirmed by ps -ef | grep <script name>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

10. Linux

Filter log file contents between date

Hi, Could you please provide me command to filter contents between date in a log file? Say for example, in a log file I want to capture contents between date May 01 from 5am to 9 am. OS -- Linux Regards, Maddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
1 Replies
Locale::Currency(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Currency(3)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Currency(3)