Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: History with Session info
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users History with Session info Post 303001378 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 2nd of August 2017 03:19:43 PM
Old 08-02-2017
Only if you rewrite the shell(s) that add data into the history file you are processing. The history (usually a shell built-in) utility doesn't write anything into a history file; it just reads and formats the data it finds there. In some shells the history utility may also be used to discard old history entries. But, it can't determine who added history entries to a history file after those entries have been written.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding Directories on a Session by Session basis

Hi, Apologies if anyone has read my recent post on the same subject in the Linux forum, just thought actually the solution might more likely come from scripting. Essentially, I am trying to restrict access to directories based on the user's name AND their location on a session-by-session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash history - each session in different file

Hello How to configure, or where to have each session history in different file Example: someone is connecting as root and at this time is creating file in which we have history of executed command to server is connecting another user and is created another file with command executed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between the desktop session and console session

what is the difference between desktop session and console session in solaris as i am wondering we use option -text for the former and -nowin for the later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishanreddy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Tracking All session history in one file

Dear All, I want to keep all the session history in one file,please help me out to configure so. Here is the test scenario- Suppose i have three client A,B and C tries to log in to one Server XA there session specific command and Clint IPADDRESS should get logged in one file...like ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monojcool
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Current Session History

Dear All, I want to display the command related to current session in Redhat Linux 5. Below history command display all the command in ~/.bash_history file. $history My requirement is the command executed in my current session.I mean to say. Suppose after log in as root i executed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies
ttty(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   ttty(7)

NAME
ttty - Thai terminal driver SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/aioctl.h> DESCRIPTION
This section describes special features supported by the Thai terminal driver, which is used for conversational computing in a Thai envi- ronment. See tty(7) for a general description of terminal interfaces. See stty(1) for information on how to activate the features dis- cussed here. The Thai terminal driver is available only when Tru64 UNIX optional subsets for worldwide support are installed. This driver also must be configured into the current running kernel in order for Thai support features to be enabled. Line Disciplines Line discipline switching to the Thai terminal driver is accomplished with the following TIOCSETD ioctl: int ldisc = THAIDISC; ioctl(f, TIOCSETD, &ldisc); Input Sequence Checking The Thai terminal driver supports input sequence checking that complies with the Wototo standard. The three different modes of input sequence checking are as follows: Mode 0 (pass-through) No input checking is performed. This mode allows the application program to handle checking of the input sequence. Mode 1 (basic check) This is the default mode for a Thai system. Mode 2 (strict) This mode imposes additional constraints in order to reject obviously illegal input sequences. Input Reordering Input reordering mode, if activated, will reorder the following two types of Thai sequences: L3L1L2 -> L3L2L1 L3L4L1 -> L3L1L4 In these sequences, L1, L2, L3, and L4 are level-1, level-2, level-3, and level-4 characters, respectively. History Mode Line Editing The history mode of the Thai terminal driver allows users to use Emacs-like control codes to edit previously entered command lines. Up to 32 lines can be stored and each line can have a maximum width of 127 characters. However, short command lines, those that are fewer than three characters in length, are not stored in the history list. Depending on the editing command used, the unit of editing may be a character, a cell, or a word. A cell is one physical display column on the screen and may consist of one ASCII character or one to three Thai characters. In this context, a word is a string of characters delimited by white spaces. The following editing commands are available in the history mode: Move to the beginning of the line. Delete the cell under the cursor. Move to the end of the line. Recall the previous command in the history list. Recall the next command in the history list. Move the cursor to the left by one cell. Move the cursor to the right by one cell. Delete the Thai character immediately before the cursor. You can use the stty command to determine and set the character that erases a character. Delete the word before the cursor. You can use the stty command to determine and set the character that erases a word. Typing a normal character causes it to be inserted before the character under the cursor. The kill, interrupt, and suspend characters cause the Thai terminal driver to break out of the history mode. Input sequence checking and input reordering are not performed in history mode. The line-editing features support only single-line edit- ing, not multiple-line editing. For instance, if the cursor is wrapped to the beginning of the next line, you cannot return the cursor to the previous line by pressing the left arrow key. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: stty(1) Functions: ioctl(2) Files: tty(7) Others: Thai(5), Wototo(5) delim off ttty(7)