Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Executing a job with file success Post 303001360 by arunkumar_mca on Wednesday 2nd of August 2017 10:35:31 AM
Old 08-02-2017
Executing a job with file success

Hello All,

I have a scenario where I need suggestion

I am creating a file watcher job on autosys and and command job to do a SCP a file from one server to another. My file watcher will get success once the file get receive. The file I am receiving a zip file. THe command job which I am running will be running every 10 min to receive the file from the server. Now I am not sure what will happen the SCP job triggered when the zip file is halfdone. Is there a way that I can do a check for the zip to make sure it is completed .

Thanks
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit with success if the file is not found

I want to put a exit if there is no file found. In the directory I can have multiple txt files with EPISGCHGS as prefix or maynot have one. When I am trying the following it is erroring if there is no text file with the EPISGCHGS as prefix. for file in EPISGCHGS*.txt do cat $file >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apps_user
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All, I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file. ....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1 But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following. wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup - sub job in script not executing until I exit

My job is launched using this command: I'm at home and having VPN drops so I used nohup and background. nohup perf_mon -c rating_4_multi,cfg & The main script is PID 26119, and the sub task under it is 26118 which is not running - just sits there. 26119 runs forever but nothing else runs. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job not executing

I need to add 10 records to database from a file /tmp/authlist.log(contains insert into table sql commands) When i execute the following script manually its executing and working fine. the same is not getting executed when i try to execute using crontab vi /tmp/test1.sh #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM process say success but file didn't reach destination

I am using ndmcli to NDM my files. When i do so it prints success for the process, with out any errors, but file is not reached at destination. ndmcli -x << EOJ submit phcdb process snode=$RMT_NODE_NAME step01 copy from (file=$SRC_FILE_NAME pnode) to (file=$DST_FILE_NAME snode... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp upload success but no file exist on the server !!!!

hello, I'm trying to upload a file to this ftp server and others ftp://ftp.byethost12.com as you can see in the output of CURL using the -v option curl reports that the upload succeeded but when i connected to the server with file-zilla there is no file uploaded the same command upload files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laraaj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data in input file if 2nd script output SUCCESS

Hi All, how can i edit my original data and add more data if my 2nd script outputs SUCESS? ex. input file: 1.txt nik,is,the 1script.sh if 2ndscript.sh output SUCCESS then i'm going to edit my input file and add data best,pogi.. sample outputdata. nik,is,the,best,pogi 2ndscript.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing python scripts via cron job

Hi, I'm executing a python script via cron job. The way it is set up is, I'm editing a file called local00 22 * * * root su - -c "/opt/setup_dir/bin/run_bkp -p" When this job executes, the command-specific logfile and the syslog (where the logs are supposed to go) show half of the logs(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write SCP success or failure to a file

Does anyone know how to write the results (success and failure) to a file. I am using TCSH on a Solaris machine. I have the following code for a successful SCP...could someone help me add to this so it caputres failures also? CODE SO FAR (received from a previous post): scp sourcefile.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging success event into file

Hi, I've the following code to log the errors any after the command is executed. # Ksh 88 Version log_path=/home/etc/fls/fls_log.log del_path=/home/etc/fls/to_day rm $del_path/* >> $log_path 2>&1 But I even want to log if the rm command is success without any error along with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies
qmove(1B)								PBS								 qmove(1B)

NAME
qmove - move pbs batch job SYNOPSIS
qmove destination job_identifier ... DESCRIPTION
To move a job is to remove the job from the queue in which it resides and instantiate the job in another queue. The qmove command issues a Move Job batch request to the batch server that currently owns each job specified by job_identifier. A job in the Running , Transiting , or Exiting state cannot be moved. OPERANDS
The first operand is the new destinationfor queue @server queue@server See the PBS ERS section , "Destination Identifiers". If the destination operand describes only a queue, then qmove will move jobs into the queue of the specified name at the job's current server. If the destination operand describes only a batch server, then qmove will move jobs into the default queue at that batch server. If the destination operand describes both a queue and a batch server, then qmove will move the jobs into the specified queue at the speci- fied server. All following operands are job_identifiers which specify the jobs to be moved to the new destination. The qmove command accepts one or more job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] STANDARD ERROR
The qmove command will write a diagnostic messages to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qmove command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qmove command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B), pbs_movejob(3B) Local qmove(1B)