Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Www.UNIX.com is slow today ??? Post 303001294 by drl on Tuesday 1st of August 2017 09:27:09 AM
Old 08-01-2017
Response from upper midwest

Hi.

From north-central USA via CenturyLink.

Response has been sluggish here for a few weeks, and just now it has taken 10-15 seconds to see a link.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

PS And this post took more than 40 seconds to complete initially.

I check the network speed every morning. This morning it was just under 40 Mbps.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New www.unix.com search

PUZZLED: How can I search for posts on 'VI' if by the new rules (or maybe they are old) I get the messge: "The search term you specified (vi) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
13 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

www.unix.com

Of late, when i start www.unix.com my system is going to 100% CPU and takes lot of time to get the information. I think this is happening after adding the graphics on the page. Has anyone seen this problem..Sorry to post this here.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
6 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies
TSMOKE(1)							     SmokePing								 TSMOKE(1)

NAME
tSmoke - Commandline tool for sending SmokePing information SYNOPSIS
tSmoke [ --testmail | --morning | --weekly | --version | --help | --man] Options: --man Show the manpage --help Help :-) --version Show SmokePing Version --testmail Send a test message --listrrds List the RRDs used by this Smokeping --morning Send a morning synopsis --weekly Send a weekly status report --to E-mail address to send message (i.e. '--to=xyz@company.com.invalid' --detail How much detail to send in weekly report (i.e. '--detail=1') --quiet Do not print welcome DESCRIPTION
The tSmoke tool is a commandline tool which interfaces with the SmokePing system. Its main function is to send a message indicating the current status of the systems being monitored by Smokeping or an HTML mail file containing the status over the past day, past week and past month including an overview. Typical crontab used to invoke this are # Quick morning alert to see what's down 0 6 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mobilephone@att.net.invalid --morning # Weekly report on the percent availability of network systems with no detail 0 8 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mailbox@company.com.invalid --weekly --detail=0 SETUP
When installing tSmoke, some variables must be adjusted to fit your local system. We need to use the following libraries: Smokeping RRDTool Perl bindings Getopt::Long Set up your libraries: use lib "/usr/local/smokeping/lib"; use lib "/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.39/lib/perl"; Point to your Smokeping config file my $cfgfile = "/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config"; Modify the Smokeping config file to include a path for tmail in the General section: tmail = /usr/local/smokeping/etc/tmail COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 by Dan McGinn-Combs. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Dan McGinn-Combs <d.mcginn-combs@mindspring.com> Modified for Smokeping official distribution by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 TSMOKE(1)