Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Www.UNIX.com is slow today ??? Post 303001294 by drl on Tuesday 1st of August 2017 09:27:09 AM
Old 08-01-2017
Response from upper midwest

Hi.

From north-central USA via CenturyLink.

Response has been sluggish here for a few weeks, and just now it has taken 10-15 seconds to see a link.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

PS And this post took more than 40 seconds to complete initially.

I check the network speed every morning. This morning it was just under 40 Mbps.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New www.unix.com search

PUZZLED: How can I search for posts on 'VI' if by the new rules (or maybe they are old) I get the messge: "The search term you specified (vi) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
13 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

www.unix.com

Of late, when i start www.unix.com my system is going to 100% CPU and takes lot of time to get the information. I think this is happening after adding the graphics on the page. Has anyone seen this problem..Sorry to post this here.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
6 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies
amd8111s(7D)							      Devices							      amd8111s(7D)

NAME
amd8111s - AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/amd8111s DESCRIPTION
The amd8111s Fast Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), on the AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter. The amd8111s driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/amd8111 is used to access all AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet devices installed within the system. The amd8111s driver is managed by the dladm(1M) command line utility, which allows VLANs to be defined on top of amd8111s instances and for amd8111s instances to be aggregated. See dladm(1M) for more details. CONFIGURATION
By default, the amd8111s driver performs auto-negotiation to select the link speed and mode. Link speed and mode can be any of the follow- ing: 100 Mbps, full-duplex. 100 Mbps, half-duplex. 10 Mbps, full-duplex. 10 Mbps, half-duplex. FILES
/dev/amd8111s* Special character device. /kernel/drv/amd8111s* 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/amd8111s* 64-bit ELF Kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNW8111s | |Architecture x86 | |Interface Stability Committed | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2007 amd8111s(7D)