Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit? Post 303001228 by milhan on Sunday 30th of July 2017 09:15:03 PM
Old 07-30-2017
Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone.

I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows Vista. How do I find out which version of Vista can be installed with this product key, or can both 32-bit or 64-bit version be installed? I couldn't find information about a Windows Vista product key on google.

Any idea?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

suitable perl version for windows 2008 64 bit

Hi , While executing perl scripts , sometimes cpu consumption is going to 100% and perl script is asking to abort. In perl script , iam having some powershell commnands. out of 10 times , 9 times script runs fine and 1 time its throwing the above error. Iam using windows 2008 64 bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies
SYMLINK(3)								 1								SYMLINK(3)

symlink - Creates a symbolic link

SYNOPSIS
bool symlink (string $target, string $link) DESCRIPTION
symlink(3) creates a symbolic link to the existing $target with the specified name $link. PARAMETERS
o $target - Target of the link. o $link - The link name. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms (Vista, Server 2008 or greater). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Create a symbolic link <?php $target = 'uploads.php'; $link = 'uploads'; symlink($target, $link); echo readlink($link); ?> NOTES
Note Windows users should note that this function will only work if the system you run PHP from is Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 or newer. Windows versions prior to that do not support symbolic links. SEE ALSO
link(3), readlink(3), linkinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group SYMLINK(3)