Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting csv into 3 tables in html file Post 303001197 by archana25 on Saturday 29th of July 2017 12:56:30 PM
Old 07-29-2017
Splitting csv into 3 tables in html file

I have the data in csv in 3 tables. how can I output the same into 3 tables in html.also how can I set the width. tried multiple options . attached is the format.
Code:
 #!/bin/ksh
 awk 'BEGIN{
        FS=","
        print "<HTML><BODY><TABLE border = '1' cellpadding=10 width=100>"
   print "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>"
     }
     {
        printf "<TR>"
        for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)
          printf "<TD>%s</TD>", $i
        print "</TR>"
     }
     END{
        print "</TABLE></BODY></HTML>"
     }
     ' report.csv > file2.html

Last edited by Scott; 07-29-2017 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with splitting a html file up

hi i have a file called t.txt <p>The mayor is <a href="javascript:popupPerso('FichePersonnage.php?login=Yvaine')">Yvaine</a></p><p>The mentor is <a href="javascript:popupPerso(' FichePersonnage.php?login=Chaselambourne')">Chaselambourne</a></p>List of the villagers :<br><div id="Layer1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeroen234
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Does anybody know how to store my tables to a csv file?

Hi I'm using an oracle database... Lets call it databasename My username and password are the same .... lets all that andrea/andrea So I want to write a script to copy all the data from my table called tablename and store that data to a csv file called filename. I cant seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Splitting the single csv file

Hi, I have a requiement where in i will get a single file but there will be mutiple headers. Suppose say for eg: Header1 Data... Data... Header2 Data.. Data.. Header3 Data.. Data.. I want to split each with the corresponding data into a single file. Please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input CSV file into 3 files

Hi , I am receiving a CSV file that can vary in number of rows each time. I am supposed to split this file into 3 separate files like this: 1. create a file named 'File1.csv' that will contain first 3 rows of the input file 2. create file named 'File2.csv' that will contain last 3 rows of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting CSV into variables then to XML file

I have a text file that looks like this: FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 I need it to turn it into an XML file to run against a custom application. My ultimate goal is for it to look like... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV file and delete hdfs, hive and hbase tables

I have a CSV file with hdfs directories, hive tables and hbase tables. 1. first column - hdfs directories 2. second column - hive tables 3. third column - hbase tables I have to check the csv file and look for the first column and delete the hdfs directory from the hdfs path, now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract the tables from html

Hi I have a script which extracts the table from HTML and convert it into .csv. But the problem in the script is if we have 2 tables in HTMl . it takes only the first table. Please help me what changes i need to do in the script to make it read the complete HTML page. Script is as below: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepti01
10 Replies
CSV2LATEX(1)						      General Commands Manual						      CSV2LATEX(1)

NAME
csv2latex -- convert a csv file into a LaTeX document SYNOPSIS
csv2latex [--nohead] [--longtable] [--noescape] [--guess] [--separator c|s|t|p|l] [--block q|d|n] [--lines #] [--position l|c|r] [--colorrows 0-1] [--reduce 1|2|3|4] [--repeatheader] [--nohlines] [--novlines] [file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the csv2latex program. csv2latex is a program that reads a "comma separated values" (csv) file and outputs a LaTeX file with one or more tabular environments to display the printable values of the csv file. The LaTeX code is flushed on the standard output. So-called "comma separated values" files are common formats for exchanging two-dimensinal tables between programs such as spreadsheets edi- tors, to represent almost any kind of data. By default, a csv file is made of printable data separated by commas (`,'), each comma repre- senting a `cell' separator, and each line representing a row. By extension, cell separators can be represented by tabs if the comma is con- sidered as printable data. Moreover, some non true csv files can be assumed as two-dimensional tables as well. In some circumstances, if the printable data includes the cell separator of the exchange format, the latter can use a second extra character to embrace the printable data into a block (e.g: quoted text). Thus, it is still possible to parse the file by using the block delimiter (used twice to embrace the cell) instead of the separator. csv2latex aims to parse various csv formats plus formats that fits into the above definiton, assuming the data is text, and to produce a yet simple LaTeX file using the "tabular" environment for a table-style layout. Some options of output will also use macros provided by extra LaTeX packages that are commonly included in the main LaTeX distributions. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -n --nohead Do not output the LaTeX document header. This is useful when the output is to be included as a separate file into the master document. -t --longtable uses the 'longtable' package instead of the 'tabular' one. This is useful when the input is long, with --lines 0 option. This option uses the extra `longtable' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your master document: "usepackage{longtable}". -x --noescape Do not escape TeX control characters from the input. This is useful when the input contains already TeX code. -g --guess Try to guess the csv format. This is useful when the input is not strictly a comma separated set of printable data. For exam- ple, a line like %Foo, Bar%:%Wizz: Hey% may be parsed as "Foo, Bar" then "Wizz: Hey". -s c|s|t|p|l --separator c|s|t|p|l Set the given separator as cell separator of the csv format. `c' means a comma (default). `s' means a semicolon. `t' means a tab. `p' means a space. `l' means a colon. -b q|d|n --block q|d|n Set the given block delimiter that embraces the printable data of the csv format. `q' means a simple quote. `d' means a double quote. `n' means no quoting at all (default). -l # --lines # Force to output multiple tabulars, each having a limited number of lines. The given argument must be a POSITIVE INTEGER VALUE. This is useful when the number of input rows is too big to fit into a single papersheet. A good average for a4 paper is about 40 lines (default). 0 means infinity (actualy about 2 Giga lines). -p l|c|r --position l|c|r Set the text position in all cells at once. This simply uses one of the three basic cell formating options of the LaTeX tabular environment. `l' means left-aligned (default). `c' means centered. `r' means right-aligned. -c 0-1 --colorrows 0-1 Alternate white/gray rows on the LaTeX output, having the given graylevel. The given argument must be a REAL NUMBER BETWEEN 0 AND 1. 0 means black while 1 means white. A nice looking value is 0.75 when printed on white paper. This option uses the extra `colortbl' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your mas- ter document: "usepackage{colortbl}". -r 1|2|3|4 --reduce 1|2|3|4 Reduce the size of the tabular and the font in the LaTeX output, given a reduction level. The given argument must be one of 1, 2, 3 or 4. The more the level is high, the more the tabular will appear small. This is useful to shrink the table width when the printable data is made of very long text. This option uses the extra `relsize' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your master document: "usepackage{relsize}". -z --nohlines Do not output horizontal lines in the table(s). -y --novlines Do not output vertical lines in the table(s). -e --repeatheader Repeat the first row of the first table in every table. This is useful when the output is very long and separated in multiple tables. EXAMPLES
Create a PDF document with small text, alternate gray rows, 80 lines per table, from a guessed csv format of the january stats that my boss created with his super point-and-click spreadsheet program (which could not generate a PDF output!). csv2latex --guess --lines 80 --colorrows 0.75 --reduce 2 january_stats.csv > january_stats.tex && pdflatex january_stats.tex Quickly preview a phonebook from a file formated as "Surname" "Name" "Phone" "Cellular": csv2latex -s p -b d -l 42 phonebook-sorted.txt | latex SEE ALSO
tex (1), latex (1). CSV2LATEX(1)