Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux From Scratch Permission Error when installing Binutils-2.27 Package Post 303001184 by hicksd8 on Friday 28th of July 2017 01:38:37 PM
Old 07-28-2017
Some questions first:

Which version of the LFS documentation are you following? V7.1 ?

Which guest Linux version are you using to compile your tool chain?

Which version of Cross GCC did you compile?

Is it Binutils Pass 1 or Pass 2 that fails?

Do note that some guest Linux distribution versions lack some essential utilities for a LFS build (e.g. Debian (Squeeze) doesn't install bison and gawk by default).

Are you building a kernel with specific features?

(To answer your question, yes, I have done this whole thing to create specific kernels for cloud use.)
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux From Scratch

LFS (Linux From Scrath) it's tools for make own distribution. U know how create own distribution ?? thanks cYa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kezzol
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch, everything to do

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network Edit/Delete Message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)