Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux From Scratch Permission Error when installing Binutils-2.27 Package Post 303001158 by rbatte1 on Friday 28th of July 2017 04:05:47 AM
Old 07-28-2017
Can you tell us where the "Linux from Scratch Guide" is. It's a bit vague for us to guess what's wrong having not seen anything of what you have done other than the issue make install

Can I presume it is not something obvious like you are not running the command as the super-user account, usually root? The problem we have is that you have a single symptom but not really any context.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux From Scratch

LFS (Linux From Scrath) it's tools for make own distribution. U know how create own distribution ?? thanks cYa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kezzol
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch, everything to do

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network Edit/Delete Message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Setup a printer on Linux from scratch

I am a beginner in Unix. I have redhat linux running in a dell work station. my question is how can I setup a printer using the command line so that I can use the command lp filename to print, how can I define the printer name? my printer is HP laserjet connected to network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies
IPCS(1) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 0.99 9 October 1993 IPCS(1)