Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format text output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format text output Post 303001107 by RudiC on Wednesday 26th of July 2017 05:06:03 PM
Old 07-26-2017
Either of you two might want to click the "Thanks" button on durden_tyler's post to enforce his/her gratitude...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output

I have a text file that I want a script to parse and grab only the relavent stuff. No idea where to start.. This is the text file.212 0.00000 ? -> (multicast) ETHER Type=2000 (Unknown), size = 344 bytes 0: 0100 0ccc cccc 000b 5f95 0fbe 014a aaaa ........_....J..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output

Dear all, I have written a program which access database and displays the values returned by the query . There are 10 columns to be displayed in one row. But am ending with 5 lines displayed on 1st line and the next 5 in the 2nd line. Ex : 21608 10-20-2007 148 Al's Appliance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday542
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format

"Help Me" Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format in a unix server. Please suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kranthi Kumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format with output

I have written some scripts that resulted in the table below (Column1 is ITEM, Column2 is Group, Column3 is Category and Column4 is Quantity) but I want the output in another format: Input: K123 X CATA 3 K123 Y CATA 4 K123 Z CATA 2 K123 X CATB 5 K123 Y CATB 2 K123 Z CATB 2 B65 M CATB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output

Hello Team, I have the following details in a txt file (please note the spaces and tabs) C1 C2 C3 ------------------ --------------- ------------- abc, xyz 2 8 pqr 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to convert text output in the HTML format

Hello Everyone, I have a sample file raw.txt as shown below : Drive Bays Bay Name : SD-2C Number of Standby Power Supplies : 4 Number of Drive Enclosures : 12 Summary Status of Contained Modules All... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
TWEAK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  TWEAK(1)

NAME
tweak - edit bitmap files, subfont files, face files, etc. SYNOPSIS
tweak [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Tweak edits existing files holding various forms of bitmap images. To create original images, use art(1) or start from an existing bitmap, subfont, etc. Tweak reads its argument files and displays the resulting bitmaps in a vertical column. If the bitmap is too wide to fit across the dis- play, it is folded much like a long line of text in an 81/2 window. Under each bitmap is displayed one or two lines of text presenting parameters of the image. The first line shows the bitmap's ldepth, the log base 2 of the number of bits per pixel; r, the rectangle cov- ered by the image; and the name of the file from which it was read. If the file is a subfont, a second line presents a hexadecimal 16-bit offset to be applied to character values from the subfont (typically as stored in a font file; see font(6)); and the subfont's n, height, and ascent as defined in cachechars(2). By means described below, magnified views of portions of the bitmaps may be displayed. The text associated with such a view includes mag, the magnification. If the view is of a single character from a subfont, the second line of text shows the character's value (including the subfont's offset) in hexadecimal and as a character in tweak's default font; the character's x, top, bottom, left, and width as defined in cachechars(2); and iwidth, the physical width of the image in the subfont's bitmap. There are two methods to obtain a magnified view of a character from a subfont. The first is to click mouse button 1 over the image of the character in the subfont. The second is to select the char entry on the button 3 menu, point the resulting gunsight cursor at the desired subfont and click button 3, and then type at the text prompt at the bottom of the screen the character value, either as a multi-digit hexa- decimal number or as a single rune representing the character. To magnify a portion of other types of bitmap files, click button 1 over the unmagnified file. The cursor will switch to a cross. Still with button 1, sweep a rectangle, as in 81/2, that encloses the portion of the image to be magnified. (If the file is 16x16 or smaller, tweak will just magnify the entire file; no sweeping is necessary.) Depressing buttons 1 and 2 within magnified images changes pixel values. By default, button 1 sets the pixel to all ones and button 2 sets the pixel to all zeros. Across the top of the screen is a textual display of global parameters. These values, as well as many of the textual values associated with the images, may be edited by clicking button 1 on the displayed value and typing a new value. The values along the top of the screen are: mag Default magnification. val(hex) The value used to modify pixels within magnified images. The value must be in hexadecimal, optionally preceded by a tilde for bit- wise negation. but1 but2 The boolean function used by the named button to set pixel values. The function may be specified either by name as defined in <libg.h>, e.g. DorS, or by simple boolean expression, e.g. S|D. In these expressions, S is the pixel value defined above and D is the pixel being modified. copy The boolean function used in the copy menu item. Under button 3 is a menu holding a variety of functions. Many of these functions prompt for the image upon which to act by switching to a gunsight cursor; click button 3 over the selection, or click a different button to cancel the action. open Read and display a file. The name of the file is typed to the prompt on the bottom line. read Reread a file. write Write a file. copy Use the copy function, default S, to transfer a rectangle of pixels from one image to another. The program prompts with a cross cursor; sweep out a rectangle in one image or just click button 3 to select the whole image. The program will leave that rectangle in place and attach another one to the cursor. Move that rectangle to the desired place in any image and click button 3, or another button to cancel the action. char As described above, open a magnified view of a character image in a subfont. close Close the specified image. If the image is the unmagnified file, also close any magnified views of that file. exit Quit tweak. The program will complain once about modified but unwritten files. To clear blocks of pixels, use copy with function 0. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/tweak.c SEE ALSO
art(1), cachechars(2), bitmap(6), font(6) TWEAK(1)