Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scheduling Warnquota
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Scheduling Warnquota Post 303000986 by RudiC on Monday 24th of July 2017 05:02:27 PM
Old 07-24-2017
The most prominent error with cron is that people ignore it's using a very limited environment. Do you get any error messages? Post them.
In your cron script, use absolute paths and define any variables / symbols / aliases / environment used in that script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling

i have tried to schedule my process at a certain time using the at command : the error says bad time specification can somebody help me i used at 2300 job thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantuc
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

cron scheduling?

Hi all, i want a job to run first monday of every of month. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Job Scheduling

I am working on UNIX AIX system, with Oracle OS. We are not supposed to use any tools to schedule our unix shell scripts. Basically we have to make use of Oracle tables and Shell scripts to manage dependencies, restartability, scheduling, parallelizing,etc. If anyone has worked/ is working... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singhabhijit
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job Scheduling

I am working on UNIX AIX system, with Oracle OS. We are not supposed to use any tools to schedule our unix shell scripts. Basically we have to make use of Oracle tables and Shell scripts to manage dependencies, restartability, scheduling, parallelizing,etc. If anyone has worked/ is working... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhabhijit
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

WarnQuota Command

Hi , I have HP-UX flavour installed in my system. I want to use warnquota command for cheking the quota of the environment and notifying the user if the threshold increase. But this command does not seem to work in HP-UX. Does anyone of you know any other way around of the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
1 Replies

6. Programming

Time scheduling

Hello !!! i am trying to create a command scheduler (written in C). Basically i would like to do what the "at" command does , but without using "at" or "cron". I have tried using getitimer but i do not know how can i shcedule multiple commands. Any ideas ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcnikolas
2 Replies

7. Linux

Help with cronjob scheduling

Hi Everybody, How to schedule a job using cron that shouldn't run between working hrs 9am-5pm, while run in non working hrs every hour, every day of the month, month & week. I tried the following way, not sure I can use logical not operator(!). Please correct me if wrong or suggest other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhirav
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling scheduling !!!

Hi, i have 10 sh scripts. All are running in parallel using cron tab and each script gives "success" flag files once the execution is completed. and, now i have 11th script which should look for "success" flag from those 10 sh scripts. once all the 10 flag files found, 11 th script has to do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nago123
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling issues

I AM ON SOLARIS I have a script it.sh which is running fine when i execute it from shell command. But when i schedule it in crontab it is throwing error. Why and how can i resolve it ?i am clueless IT.SH #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Scheduling a script

Hi, I have my script in below path in UNIX /storage/sas_source/SDTM-Development/FileWatcher/filewatcher.sh I want to schedule it to run every 30 secs. Please let me know the steps to do it. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prats_7678
7 Replies
WARNQUOTA(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      WARNQUOTA(8)

NAME
warnquota - send mail to users over quota SYNOPSIS
warnquota [ -ugsid ] [ -F quotaformat ] [ -q quotatab ] [ -c configfile ] [ -a adminsfile ] [ filesystem... ] DESCRIPTION
warnquota checks the disk quota for specified local filesystems (or for each local filesystem if none specified) and mails a warning mes- sage to those users who have reached their softlimit. It is typically run via cron(8). -F, --format=quotaformat Perform setting for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold Original quota format with 16-bit UIDs / GIDs, vfsv0 Quota format with 32-bit UIDs / GIDs, 64-bit space usage, 32-bit inode usage and limits, vfsv1 Quota format with 64-bit quota limits and usage, xfs Quota on XFS filesystem. -q, --quota-tab=quotatab Use quotatab instead of /etc/quotatab as file with device description strings (see quotatab(5) for syntax). -c, --config=configfile Use configfile instead of /etc/warnquota.conf as configuration file (see warnquota.conf(5) for syntax). -a, --admins-file=adminsfile Use adminsfile instead of /etc/quotagrpadmins as a file with administrators of the groups (see quotagrpadmins(5) for syntax). -u, --user check whether users are not exceeding quotas (default). -g, --group check whether groups are not exceeding quotas. If group is exceeding quota a mail is sent to the user specified in /etc/quotagrpad- mins. -s, --human-readable Try to report used space, number of used inodes and limits in more appropriate units than the default ones. -i, --no-autofs ignore mountpoints mounted by automounter. -d, --no-details do not attach quota report in email. FILES
aquota.user quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/warnquota.conf configuration file /etc/quotatab device description /etc/quotagrpadmins administrators of the groups /etc/mtab default filesystems /etc/passwd default set of users SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotatab(5), quotagrpadmins(5), warnquota.conf(5), cron(8), edquota(8). AUTHORS
warnquota(8) was written by Marco van Wieringen <mvw@planets.elm.net>, modifications by Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>. This reference page writ- ten by Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>, modifications by Jan Kara WARNQUOTA(8)