Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Integer size with different compile Post 303000971 by arunkumar_mca on Monday 24th of July 2017 12:49:03 PM
Old 07-24-2017
Integer size with different compile

Hi All,

I am having two executable one is a 32 bit compiled version and other is 64 bit compiled version. I was in assumption the size of integer for 32 bit will be 2 ^32 and size of 64 bit compiled version will be 2 ^ 64. But in my case both are showing 2 ^32 I mean I am not able to go over size of 2 ^32. Any clarification will be helpful

Thanks
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on size (string to integer)

I have a log file that I want to archive out as it reaches 100MB. I am using the following to get the file size into a variable but get the error "line 5: filesize=$(wc -c < logfile.log) if then echo "is greater than 100M" else echo "is less than 100M" fi I'm sure there's something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flakman
2 Replies

9. Solaris

/tmp size is less whereas size allocated to swap is more

Hi, the /tmp size is less whereas the size allocated to swap is quite big. how to increase the size of /tmp - #: swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d20 85,20 8 273096 273096 #: swap -s total: 46875128k bytes allocated + 2347188k reserved =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psb74
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
PERLRISCOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     PERLRISCOS(1)

NAME
README.riscos - Perl version 5 for RISC OS DESCRIPTION
This document gives instructions for building Perl for RISC OS. It is complicated by the need to cross compile. There is a binary version of perl available from <http://www.cp15.org/perl/> which you may wish to use instead of trying to compile it yourself. BUILD
You need an installed and working gccsdk cross compiler <http://gccsdk.riscos.info/> and REXEN <http://www.cp15.org/programming/> Firstly, copy the source and build a native copy of perl for your host system. Then, in the source to be cross compiled: o $ ./Configure o Select the riscos hint file. The default answers for the rest of the questions are usually sufficient. Note that, if you wish to run Configure non-interactively (see the INSTALL document for details), to have it select the correct hint file, you'll need to provide the argument -Dhintfile=riscos on the Configure command-line. o $ make miniperl o This should build miniperl and then fail when it tries to run it. o Copy the miniperl executable from the native build done earlier to replace the cross compiled miniperl. o $ make o This will use miniperl to complete the rest of the build. AUTHOR
Alex Waugh <alex@alexwaugh.com> perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 PERLRISCOS(1)