Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replace only First Word in Line Post 303000930 by RudiC on Monday 24th of July 2017 05:13:33 AM
Old 07-24-2017
Anchor it at BOL: s/^load/.../...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word at a parcitular line

Could someone tell me how to replace a word at a particular line by a single SED or AWK command? e.g. I have a file with the contents below: $ cat file1 111 AAA 333 CCC 222 BBB 444 CCC I want to replace the word "CCC" with a blank to get the desired output below: 111 AAA 333 CCC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace only 1st word of a line if it comes in the subsequent lines at same postion.

I have a file like this.. Maharastra Mumbai worli Maharastra Mumbai navy maharatra Pune Maharastra Nagpur Karnataka Bangalore Karnataka Mysore Karnataka Mangalore Punjab Amritsar punjab Jalandar my expected outcome should be like this Maharastra Mumbai worli ---------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace the first word of a line if it occurs again in the next line(shell)

Hi folks, have a look into the attachment, i am not familiar with unix, can you please help me in this regard. thanks in advance, :) regards, Geeko (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print word 1 in line 1 and word 2 in line 2 if it matches a pattern

i have a file in this pattern MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangaram
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: replace multiple word on a line

Hi All, If I have a line as following: ( MA "vertical" ) How can I convert it to as below: ( BC "horizontal" ) Thanks, --Michael (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxn731
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a word with new line and /

Hi, I have been trying to replace the key word "SQL> spool off " with "/ show errors" with out double quotes in all the files in a directory. above show erros should be displayed next line Could you please help me how to do that. I have tried something like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find word in a line and output in which line the word occurs / no. of times it occurred

I have a file: file.txt, which contains the following data in it. This is a file, my name is Karl, what is this process, karl is karl junior, file is a test file, file's name is file.txt My name is not Karl, my name is Karl Joey What is your name? Do you know your name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies
Tk_GetAnchorFromObj(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_GetAnchorFromObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetAnchorFromObj, Tk_GetAnchor, Tk_NameOfAnchor - translate between strings and anchor positions SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetAnchorFromObj(interp, objPtr, anchorPtr) int Tk_GetAnchor(interp, string, anchorPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfAnchor(anchor) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting, or NULL. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out) String value contains name of anchor point: "n", "ne", "e", "se", "s", "sw", "w", "nw", or "center"; internal rep will be modified to cache corresponding Tk_Anchor. const char *string (in) Same as objPtr except description of anchor point is passed as a string. int *anchorPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store anchor position corresponding to objPtr or string. Tk_Anchor anchor (in) Anchor position, e.g. TCL_ANCHOR_CENTER. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetAnchorFromObj places in *anchorPtr an anchor position (enumerated type Tk_Anchor) corresponding to objPtr's value. The result will be one of TK_ANCHOR_N, TK_ANCHOR_NE, TK_ANCHOR_E, TK_ANCHOR_SE, TK_ANCHOR_S, TK_ANCHOR_SW, TK_ANCHOR_W, TK_ANCHOR_NW, or TK_ANCHOR_CENTER. Anchor positions are typically used for indicating a point on an object that will be used to position the object, e.g. TK_ANCHOR_N means position the top center point of the object at a particular place. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid anchor position or an abbreviation of one of these names, TCL_ERROR is returned, *anchorPtr is unmodified, and an error message is stored in interp's result if interp is not NULL. Tk_GetAnchorFromObj caches information about the return value in objPtr, which speeds up future calls to Tk_GetAnchor- FromObj with the same objPtr. Tk_GetAnchor is identical to Tk_GetAnchorFromObj except that the description of the anchor is specified with a string instead of an object. This prevents Tk_GetAnchor from caching the return value, so Tk_GetAnchor is less efficient than Tk_GetAnchorFromObj. Tk_NameOfAnchor is the logical inverse of Tk_GetAnchor. Given an anchor position such as TK_ANCHOR_N it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to anchor. If anchor is not a legal anchor value, then "unknown anchor position" is returned. KEYWORDS
anchor position Tk 8.1 Tk_GetAnchorFromObj(3)