Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List by size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List by size Post 303000889 by Scrutinizer on Friday 21st of July 2017 04:48:38 PM
Old 07-21-2017
Try using:
Code:
ls -lrS

also:
Code:
if [ "$1" = "-r" ]

( -eq is for numerical comparisons )
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List File size

Hello all, I have a directory filling up. I need to determine the size of the files in the directory. How do I do that, what command should I run when I am in the directory? Next question, can I expand the partition size? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list the files with size in bytes

hi all plz help in listing the files with size in bytes. thnks -Bali (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list a file size, but not its name?

If I have a file x.txt that is 8 bytes... I want to enter >> x.txt 8 I've played around with ls, and du... and they always list the file name. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ordano
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List size information...

hi all, i want to list only the size information and name of the file(s) and directories in current directory .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get size of a list of files with specified extension?

Command ls -l *cpp lists all cpp program files in a directory. It shows the size of each file. Using a calculator to work out the total size of the cpp files would be very tedious. Is there a way to get the total size from the command line? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: resander
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list files which have same size?

Hi guys, I need to do 100 files comparison after I sorted the files. There are no specific key for sorting so i plan to arrange the files based on the file size. The command that i used to sort the files by size is as per below:- ls -l | sort +4rn | awk '{print $5, $9}' The problem that i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahril
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list only size and path

what command should i use for listing only the size and path of files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to list our directory size

Is there any command that can list out all the files size including directory in 1 command? `ls` will only give 2048 for a directory, which i'm looking for the actual size. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

List of file name with size

how to get the file name list with size descriptive in hp-ux Required output: permission link user group size(with MB,KB,GB etc) date time name (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)