Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T4 replaced motherboard - recovering LDOM config? Post 303000863 by psychocandy on Friday 21st of July 2017 07:03:57 AM
Old 07-21-2017
T4 replaced motherboard - recovering LDOM config?

T4-2 issues meant replacing motherboard.

I thought the ldom config was automatically saved? Got the oracle document here.

At the moment, unable to get ldoms back - here is the output from a few commands:-

Code:
ldm list
NAME             STATE      FLAGS   CONS    VCPU  MEMORY   UTIL  UPTIME
primary          active     -n-c--  UART    128   261632M  0.0%  3h
ldom1            inactive   ------          96    192G

ldm list-spconfig
factory-default [current]

ldm list-spconfig -r
No autosave configurations

svccfg -s ldmd listprop ldmd/autorecovery_policy
ldmd/autorecovery_policy integer     1

---------- Post updated at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:53 AM ----------

Ah Looks like we've got v2.2 of ldom. I understand theres a bug. Does this mean none of the autosave has worked?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which motherboard???

Hello All I'm looking to buy a new motherboard because my current one (ABIT BE6-II v1.1) doesn't support the installation of Unix. I'd like to keep my CPU (Genuine Intel PIII 800 Mhz) and memory (512 Meg) to use on the new motherboard. My CPU is one of those cartridge types which is mounted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: purloiner
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Motherboard Compatibility

Hi there,, I URGENTLY need to know if the Gigabyte GA 8IDML Motherboard is compatible with the Unix BSD. We need to know if we should buy new boards before we can use the product. Thanking you Hannelie Bosch:confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbosch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Motherboard

My UNIX (SCO) crashed. I replaced the MB and tried reconfiguring all the devices etc...the system detects the NIC ok, but the following are not working properly a) keyboard/credit card swipe which connects to PS/2 port not working b) unable to connect to another PC in the small network c)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maakus
0 Replies

4. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Change motherboard

Hello, I am fairly new to Solaris ... You can change the motherboard of a computer with solaris 10? Exist a tutorial for this or can you tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedos
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM

Solaris for Sparc 11.1 with the latest patches. Created a Guest LDOM with two vnet's net0 and net1, installed a guest whole root, ip exclusive zone that I want to be able to utilize DHCP. I have been able to create the zone but unable to get it to boot because I am unable to assign an anet to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

7. Solaris

T4-2 - Memory DIMM issue - ldom config resets to factory-default

Which basically means the ldoms that were on there are not starting (not even showing). If I do ldm list-config it shows live config as next reboot. But, of course, next reboot it reverts back to factory default again. I must admit I'm wondering if its doing this becasue (with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
GENBACKUPDATA(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GENBACKUPDATA(1)

NAME
genbackupdata - generate backup test data SYNOPSIS
genbackupdata [--chunk-size=SIZE] [--config=FILE] [-c=SIZE] [--create=SIZE] [--depth=DEPTH] [--dump-config] [--dump-setting-names] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--max-files=MAX-FILES] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [--quiet] [--seed=SEED] [--version] DESCRIPTION
genbackupdata generates test data sets for performance testing of backup software. It creates a directory tree filled with files of dif- ferent sizes. The total size and the distribution of sizes between small and big are configurable. The program can also modify an exist- ing directory tree by creating new files, and deleting, renaming, or modifying existing files. This can be used to generate test data for successive generations of backups. The program is deterministic: with a given set of parameters (and a given pre-existing directory tree), it always creates the same output. This way, it is possible to reproduce backup tests exactly, without having to distribute the potentially very large test sets. The data set consists of plain files and directories. Files are either small text files or big binary files. Text files contain the "lorem ipsum" stanza, binary files contain randomly generated byte streams. The percentage of file data that is small text or big binary files can be set, as can the sizes of the respective file types. Files and directories are named "fileXXXX" or "dirXXXX", where "XXXX" is a successive integer, separate successions for files and directo- ries. There is an upper limit to how many files a directory may contain. After the file limit is reached, a new sub-directory is created. The first set of files go into the root directory of the test set. You have to give one of the options --create, --delete, --rename, or --modify for the program to do anything. You can, however, give more than one of them, if DIR already exists. (Giving the same option more than once means that only the last instance is counted.) (DIR) is created if it doesn't exist already. OPTIONS
--chunk-size=SIZE generate data in chunks of this size (default: 16384) --config=FILE add FILE to config files -c, --create=SIZE how much data to create (default: 0) --depth=DEPTH depth of directory tree (default: 3) --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --file-size=SIZE size of one file (default: 16384) --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --max-files=MAX-FILES max files/dirs per dir (default: 128) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --quiet do not report progress --seed=SEED seed for random number generator (default: 0) --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLES
Create data for the first generation of a backup: genbackupdata --create=10G testdir Modify an existing set of backup data to create a new generation: genbackupdata -c 5% -d 2% -m 5% -r 0.5% testdir The above command can be run for each new generation. GENBACKUPDATA(1)